• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Received my Bronson. Fits not bad. Sleeves maybe a bit long but a smaller size would be too tight everywhere else. The tracking said it was delivered but I couldn’t find it. Wandered around the property and found it about 100 yards from my house, in the snow, no trace of the packaging. My dog has turned into a porch pirate
963D8FF3-9391-4103-BDC8-989D7D5D854F.jpeg

mulceber

Received my Bronson. Fits not bad. Sleeves maybe a bit long but a smaller size would be too tight everywhere else. The tracking said it was delivered but I couldn’t find it. Wandered around the property and found it about 100 yards from my house, in the snow, no trace of the packaging. My dog has turned into a porch pirate View attachment 102241
Might be worth sending that jacket to someone to get ~3 cm taken off the sleeves.

B-Man2

John Luder

Received my Bronson. Fits not bad. Sleeves maybe a bit long but a smaller size would be too tight everywhere else. The tracking said it was delivered but I couldn’t find it. Wandered around the property and found it about 100 yards from my house, in the snow, no trace of the packaging. My dog has turned into a porch pirate View attachment 102241
Great fit, appearance-wise. I know what you mean about sizing. When you reach out the car window to grab your bag of burgers and fries (chips) at McDonalds, and the wind is howling, you'll be glad those sleeves are longish and the cuff still covers your wrist and some of them there metacarpals.

Pa12

Great fit, appearance-wise. I know what you mean about sizing. When you reach out the car window to grab your bag of burgers and fries (chips) at McDonalds, and the wind is howling, you'll be glad those sleeves are longish and the cuff still covers your wrist and some of them there metacarpals.
Definitely a good deal for the price. Pretty warm too. Plus 3 here today and I’m roasting in it.

John Luder

Weather's filthy here, it's a-bucketin', as my Oswestry country cousin says. Took these pix a few weeks ago.
My original Block 421a. Like most of the originals I still have, it came from the Uniform Exchange in LA. Run by Eddie and his mates, all of whom had been in concentration camps. They sold modern uniforms, as well as all the old junk they could accumulate. Tailoring on site, while you wait. RIP Eddie, et al.
1975-76 purchase, like most of my acquisitions of originals.
They shortened the sleeves, but the extra is still folded up there.
I've done nothing other than attach and remove a gold stamped leather name plate decades ago. I know I've worn it a few times, probably washed it once or twice. Been hanging in the garage for decades, in spite (literally and figuratively) of me missus's protestations.
It didn't look like it had ever been issued, or worn. Zipper looks worn or replaced, but if it was replaced, it was done by the fellas at the Exchange before I got it.
Sorry, I really hate to take up so much space with photos of small details, but Steve has stated in past posts that it's necessary.
Cutting a pattern for a coat I'm making for my wife, so it'll be a while before I get to my original M-41 and its provenience. Yes, I can still sew and paint with one eye, but fuckitall, is it frustratinnf. Apparently, i can't tipe, two.
Cheers,
John

IMG_8548.jpg
IMG_8549.jpg
IMG_8550.jpg
IMG_8551.jpg

Last edited:

John Luder

Definitely a good deal for the price. Pretty warm too. Plus 3 here today and I’m roasting in it.
Wait til the temps dip again and you wear a down vest (sleeveless jacket) or sleeveless jumper. You'll think you're in Death Valley.

John Luder

Best wear it in all weather's for a few months first.
Steve's right. Once it's been in the rain a bit, or damp weather at the shore, there will be some shrinkage in the length of the body and the sleeves. Not much, but maybe enough to make the coat all yours. There's also enough wool in the lining that it can be affected a wee bit. Don't hang it by the radiator, tho, or it'll be my size. In which case, I'll give you 50 quid plus shipping for your troubles.
John