• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

jeremiah

Wore this to school today. I sure am glad I kept.
DC05F139-15C7-4676-B3F1-30BFE21AA1D6.jpeg

John Luder

This past weekend, Point Mugu Naval Air Station, California. First air show in years.
First time USAF Thunderbirds have flown with the USN Blue Angels at Mugu.
Sunday; rain on/off, 10-15 mph on-shore winds, the ocean less than a quarter mile away from the ramp where our booth and planes were located. A lovely spring day for you cats in the UK.
Lots of layers on and off for Sunday. B-10 for chill, A-2 for rain (glad I got the larger/longer size).
Found the cap in stash of old, original stuff. Box in garage I've carried for decades. Fold-down wool-lined flaps.
Bought it, and a 1951 version of the same model, in 1976 or '77. The price marked on the label of the other cap was 1.49. Not even a dollar-and-a-half. At the time, that would have been about £3 in new currency.
Cheers,
John
IMG_4792.jpeg
IMG_8707.jpg

John Luder

Hello guys,

A lot of inspiring images/posts/movies and that eBay NOS Monarch G-1, have pushed me toward my USN stuff, so for the last week its N-1 or USN goat.

Out & about in my original LW Foster MIL-J-7823 (AER) and a 1951 highneck sweater. My favorite combo at the moment. The USN watch cap is MASH.

View attachment 101799
Digging the shine on that jacket. Did it arrive that way, or have you treated it with something?