• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys think about the Bronson D-1 ?

B-Man2

These companies only go to a 44 so that leaves us Shrek-like guys out.
OTOH, if I were ever to get another jacket, I'd go to Aero or GW.
Just no point in messing around with off the rack, when I know 90% it won't fit and/or there are none in my range.
Plus, I'll be leaving them to family and I want them to be top-shelf items...
We all eventually get to this point don’t we ?
Unfortunately we spend a few thousand dollars until we realize that we should have just went high end jackets the first time and even though they’re more costly , we would have save hundreds in the long run .

Shanghai-Mayne

very familiar camo as a background :)
Demitry, this type of jacket?

IMG_3006.jpeg

Xopher

Does anyone have an AVI leather D-1 they could share their thoughts on?

Doesn’t the pocket placement look a little low on it? Or did some originals have lower pockets?

B-Man2

Pocket placement varied slightly with each manufacturer. Also varied with the same manufacturer. It was wartime production and there were always variances . Same with A2’s

14AF SMSRet

Does anyone have an AVI leather D-1 they could share their thoughts on?

Doesn’t the pocket placement look a little low on it? Or did some originals have lower pockets?

I have an AVI D1 on order. Will let you know when I receive.

14AF SMSRet

I finally received my D1 from AVI after about seven weeks. Before I give my impression of the jacket, I have to say that this is my first shearling jacket so I'm no subject matter expert. This is a size medium jacket with 23.25 inch chest (pit-to-pit), 24.5 inch sleeves, 24.5 inch back, 19.5 inch shoulder; which are all very close to the AVI size chart after conversion from metic. The fleece is 8mm long as advertised. I think the repro Talon pocket zippers are too shinny, almost chrome-like. The front zipper looks fine though. The dye looks very even. The jacket seems to be well put together and has a nice fit without feeling too bulky. I'm 5'6", 147 lbs with a t-shirt and a tight-fitting sweatshirt underneath the jacket in the photos. I rolled up the sleeves about an inch with my arms at the sides but the length is about perfect when I have my arms stretched. There's plenty of room in the armpits. Overall, I'm happy with the jacket and for less than 1/3 the cost of an ELC D1, I can live with the shinny pocket zippers.

IMG_0871.jpeg
IMG_0872.jpeg
IMG_0869.jpeg
IMG_0873.jpeg
IMG_0874.jpeg
IMG_0875.jpeg

Last edited:

Xopher

I finally received my D1 from AVI after about seven weeks. Before I give my impression of the jacket, I have to say that this is my first shearling jacket so I'm no subject matter expert. This is a size medium jacket with 23.25 inch chest (pit-to-pit), 24.5 inch sleeves, 24.5 inch back, 19.5 inch shoulder; which are all very close to the AVI size chart after conversion from metic. The fleece is 8mm long as advertised. I think the repro Talon pocket zippers are too shinny, almost chrome-like. The front zipper looks fine though. The dye looks very even. The jacket seems to be well put together and has a nice fit without feeling too bulky. I'm 5'6", 147 lbs with a t-shirt and a tight-fitting sweatshirt underneath the jacket in the photos. I rolled up the sleeves about an inch with my arms at the sides but the length is about perfect when I have my arms stretched. There's plenty of room in the armpits. Overall, I'm happy with the jacket and for less than 1/3 the cost of an ELC D1, I can live with the shinny pocket zippers.

View attachment 142541View attachment 142543View attachment 142539View attachment 142545View attachment 142547View attachment 142549
I think it looks very good!