Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Kermit3D

Nice watch. My father has the same and I keep them as a memory of him.
It's a pity, a year ago Leonov flew away in his last flight. He was is an amazing person - very friendly and with a great sense of humor, I had the good fortune to talk to him once.
They are beautiful chronographs, full of history.
Do you have pictures of yours?

My father also met Alexei Leonov in 1965, just after the cosmonaut did his first EVA. I have an autograph from him.

I also admire Leonov very much. In addition to his incredible abilities as a cosmonaut, he was an artist.

Flightengineer

They are beautiful chronographs, full of history.
Do you have pictures of yours?

My father also met Alexei Leonov in 1965, just after the cosmonaut did his first EVA. I have an autograph from him.

I also admire Leonov very much. In addition to his incredible abilities as a cosmonaut, he was an artist.
I don't have a photo here, they are in my mother's house.
I don't wear them, I have other preferences in watches, some of mine are in this thread. Yes, he was a good artist, although I don't really like his paintings. I was at a meeting with him 3 years ago.

Last edited:

LJDRVR

That’s the Hamilton I bought my son-in-law as a gift for getting his enlisted wings. I was worried that being his generation he wouldn’t wear it, but he actually enjoys using it.

I‘m tickled to death he’s wearing a traditional aviator’s watch while working in the back of a 707, the first airliner I ever rode in, and the direct counterpart from the past to the jet I fly for a living now. (757/767)

Some things in the world just fit. I’m looking forward to seeing him in his A-2 next time I visit.