• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Typical jacket buyer profile

FlyingToastman

MarkP40 said:
IS USAFWSO OUT THERE TAKING NOTES, ARE WE GOING TO POST OUR PICTURES.

Dude, that was waaaay out of line. You know what they say...the biggest homophobes end up being the biggest closet cases :idea:

Christos

A

Anonymous

Hey dude I've joked with him before, I'm sure he realizes it's in fun.

usafwso

Lets see.

Me, retired USAF......

Fiscally conservative....

Socially, somewhere in the middle and in some ways lean somewhat left, i.e. don't ask don't tell.

Mid 40's or so.......

Financially very, very, very, very independent............ VERY, VERY much so.......

A-2, G-1 flight jackets. I have both... But I like nylon.....

Arabs. They can blow it out their brown butts..................

usafwso

Gay or Trucker! How tacky either way!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, how tacky... People in Las Vegas are pretty tacky. Much like that trucker............

Low class all the way.

Yes, I always take notes.

Tim P

white, straight, commited to one individual, 45, ex military slightly right of liberal but strong on crime and punishment, extreme on extremism. comfortably off but a wage slave. lifelong interest in ww2 and beyond. have cats love dogs too. dont hate arabs but dont understand the percieved mindset of the collective arab psyche (if such a thing exists, I only have the writings of others to go on) either. Have as much nylon as leather.

A

Anonymous

usaf wso might be batting for the visiting team but he is a funny guy! Funny as in "ha ha".

A

Anonymous

What would be the profile of a typical A-2/G-1 etc. etc. buyer, from a marketing standpoint?
for example:

- Male 99%
- Mostly caucasian
- Between 30 and 60 years of age
- Conservative
- Financially well of
- American 60%, Japanese 30%, European 10% (no Arabs I quess)

I think we are a very small group of maybe 5000 people worldwide and that this group is slowly shrinking every year because
everybody younger than 30 has no feeling with WW2 era. Could be completely wrong of course, so feel free to spout your
comments.

Ha ha you got it.
I am male (100%)
Caucasian, 35, conservative, financially average to below
European, served in the Navy as officer.

Let me add to the typical profile:
-Is a dog person, not a cat person
-Favorite music: classic rock
-Is a jeans & khakis wearer, not into fine tailoring except that of leather jackets

Dog and cat person, fav music rock and wwii music,
jeans and khakis wearer.

Pope

Alright here goes.....

Age - 61
Veteran- U.S. Army
History Nut
Harry Truman Democrat
Like Dogs And Cats - my theory is that those who hate cats were a juicy rat in a former life who got ate by a cat. In jest gentlemen....just in jest.
Had to have an A-2 when I saw pictures of my Dad in his. I really liked the smart ass look.
Financially- you win a few...you loose a few...then you win again
Private Pilot until a little setback......the FAA are Nazis
Think an A-2 is cool with a tie and slacks as well as Levi's and boots. Cowboy boots that is.

Mike

Roughwear

In my 40s.
Like both dogs and cats, but only have cats at present.
Was in re-enactment societies when at university
Middle income.
Interested in history, especially English 17 century and WW11.
White UK, straight, married for 25 years with two boys
Collect original RAF Irvins, USAAF B3s and A2s
Catholic musical tasts-rock, classical and folk! :)

taikonaut

Nationality: Dual, Chinese & British citizenship
Age thirtysomething
Income undisclose
University staff senior IT personel
Interest: Classical Rome, Chinese history, Japanese swords, film history, fine arts, etc.
I also do glamour photography, yes that is taking pictures of models with little or no clothes :)

Peter Graham

taikonaut said:
I also do glamour photography, yes that is taking pictures of models with little or no clothes :)
Just out of err..interest, maybe you could post some of your photos.

taikonaut said:
Age thirtysomething
Income undisclose
Interest: Classical Rome, Chinese history, Japanese swords, film history, fine arts, etc.

Uh, how do you get started in that line of work? I could -ahem- use some extra income. Its all for more jackets you see....

shanghai joe

taikonaut said:
Age thirtysomething
Income undisclose

nihonto, taikonaut-san???

51+, feeding from hand to foot to mouth, appeasing the jkt goddess..........

FlyingToastman

Pope said:
Alright here goes.....

Age - 61
Veteran- U.S. Army
History Nut
Harry Truman Democrat
Like Dogs And Cats - my theory is that those who hate cats were a juicy rat in a former life who got ate by a cat. In jest gentlemen....just in jest.
Had to have an A-2 when I saw pictures of my Dad in his. I really liked the smart ass look.
Financially- you win a few...you loose a few...then you win again
Private Pilot until a little setback......the FAA are Nazis
Think an A-2 is cool with a tie and slacks as well as Levi's and boots. Cowboy boots that is.

Mike

I'm going to borrow Pope's format

Not a Veteran but I did do ROTC and I still want to commission
I'm a Political Science/History Major (I'm a Republicrat...my favorite Presidents are Teddy, FDR, Truman, Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson)
I love reading/studying/restoring: Terrorism, WW2 Aviation, the Byzantine Empire/Art/History, Art Deco, Georgia O'Keefe, old Farm Equipment, World War Two, and my family's geneology...I can trace my paternalside to 1795 in the hinterlands of the Peloponnese
I love my two dogs Shadow and Meli (she's daddy's girl) and I had a pet duck named Pluto when I was 6.
I'm working on my PPL but that is as discretionary funds are avalible
I like the looks of the A-2 so I bought some
A-2's look best with jeans and a button up or polo shirt
I used to be in a Fraternity when my chapter was open...Beta Theta Pi. I've seen some of Tommy McGuire's Medals at our Administrative Office in Oxford.

Christos