• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tweed A-2

Ian C

John Lever said:
Ian C said:
John Lever said:
Was that rucksack .....

Can't imagine any other sack he'd be carrying? ;)

Anyway, I've found it-the wonders of Google. Perhaps the Harris Tweed was too itchy.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dHMUkWjxiWM/S ... 001266.jpg
I was being childish, sorry.

Not at all, I'd have made a similarly juvenile reply about nut-sacks but I'm not sure of the forum etiquette. The warbow society forum is a bit prudish at times. You never get VLJ girl type photos etc on there as someone would get offended etc etc, It makes you cry when you see all these people playing at being big medieval archers and then whining about a girl in minimal swim wear. Pitiful. Here's the pictures that caused an upset when a mate uploaded these.....
27884_123735257656551_100000602334247_216064_2784560_n1.jpg

27734_124275904269153_100000602334247_218714_686907_n1.jpg

If anyone on here is offended I'll remove them but I could never see what the fuss was about except it was a modern bow on a warbow forum.

Ian

asiamiles

RCSignals said:
Umm, no.

a Harris Tweed Battle dress blouse might be OK, but not that.
I agree that the A-2 design is not really suited to Harris Tweed, which I like very much, or any other non-leather material I can think of. It's the same with the classic motorcycle jacket; just looks wrong when designers try to do it in other materials.

Ian C

asiamiles said:
RCSignals said:
Umm, no.

a Harris Tweed Battle dress blouse might be OK, but not that.
I agree that the A-2 design is not really suited to Harris Tweed, which I like very much, or any other non-leather material I can think of. It's the same with the classic motorcycle jacket; just looks wrong when designers try to do it in other materials.

If it ain't broke-don't fix it....

asiamiles

Ian C said:
If it ain't broke-don't fix it....
But designers have to come up with new designs otherwise they have nothing new to sell...you can only sell the same thing a certain amount of times. And actually I applaud the idea of working with existing classic designs to create something new; but in some cases, it doesn't work.

Members online

Latest posts