• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Doniger is mine, I hope...

srivats

The jacket is a twin to my doniger ... I do see what you mean though. The jacket seems a bit tight on your shoulders and the back ... most probably due to your exercising ... I attached some photos in my thread here, take a looK;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3079&start=29

the jacket fits relaxed (but not loose), just the way I like it ...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
srivats said:

That's the point, it's down to personal preference in the end. I actually prefer the fit of Veli's example, but there's no right, or wrong.

veli1

deeb7 said:
srivats said:

That's the point, it's down to personal preference in the end. I actually prefer the fit of Veli's example, but there's no right, or wrong.

David, thank you for your remarks....i like my doniger a lot,i just need to stretch it a little bit.By the way srivat's doniger is a "killer" and one of the best physique I ever saw-outstanding!

srivats

deeb7 said:

Exactly ... the pic that John has on his website says it all ...

veli1 said:
David, thank you for your remarks....i like my doniger a lot,i just need to stretch it a little bit.By the way srivat's doniger is a "killer" and one of the best physique I ever saw-outstanding!

Thank you for the kind words ... I love my jacket too ... JC is a master artist.

blackrat2

Hi the Doni you have looks great...
i think that you are worrying a little bit about the fit...i am also about your size build etc and have a size 42....mine is several months old now and has really tailored to my body well...there is a lovelly finish to the leather that has developed through good old fashioned use.
As i said before if i could work these things better i would post some pics to consul you...JC has really done the business with our coats now its down to you to put the wear into it.

better duck

veli1 said:
I don't want to ruin this beautiful jacket with hot water treatment

I compare your GS jacket to my GW Dubow GS: very probably from the same batch of GS and with more or less the same fit on both of us, that is: rather tight across the back and (for me) under the armpits.
Here's the link to my post about my jacket: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2954

I can testify that the hot water treatment will not, I repeat not ruin your jacket.
My Dubow was very tight the first few times I put it on. I almost immediately after receiving it soaked the skin from the outside with hot water (just used the showerhead, the inside of the jacket remains dry) and then wore the jacket untill dry again (no wringing or other rough treatment, just wearing it)
We are two weeks and four of those hot water showers later: the leather looks OK, and the jacket has loosened up quite a bit, speedier than otherwise would have happened.

veli1

better duck said:
veli1 said:
I don't want to ruin this beautiful jacket with hot water treatment

I compare your GS jacket to my GW Dubow GS: very probably from the same batch of GS and with more or less the same fit on both of us, that is: rather tight across the back and (for me) under the armpits.
Here's the link to my post about my jacket: http://vintageleatherjackets.org/viewto ... f=8&t=2954

I can testify that the hot water treatment will not, I repeat not ruin your jacket.
My Dubow was very tight the first few times I put it on. I almost immediately after receiving it soaked the skin from the outside with hot water (just used the showerhead, the inside of the jacket remains dry) and then wore the jacket untill dry again (no wringing or other rough treatment, just wearing it)
We are two weeks and four of those hot water showers later: the leather looks OK, and the jacket has loosened up quite a bit, speedier than otherwise would have happened.

you're right,looking at your dubow..almost the same fit,tight across the back(for me too) and under the armpits.well,I'll try to wear it every day and If that doesn't help than i'll try hot water treatment,thanks for the tip.

jacketimp

stop worrying..........start wearing...........enjoy!

think of those poor souls who are still queue-ing for their GW.....

reminds me of an oreintal saying:

i complain i have no shoes.......until i saw those with no...feet!