• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Doniger is mine, I hope...

veli1

Hello guys,

I've been talking to John Chapman on sunday and he informed me that my jacket (doniger sz42) is finally finished and on its way to Europe: "I'm actually making your jacket right now, and it'll have the USAAF shoulder stencil, too. I've used the MASH Co. version and it's the best I've ever seen, even better than the Real McCoy's model....I'll be sending it to you via Express Mail on Monday, and it seems that the jackets are arriving in Europe in about 4-5 days".

I have a couple of pics to show from GW web site-This is my jacket I hope, it's without AAF decal but it looks outstanding, what do you think?

This is my first (but not last) A-2 jacket bought and paid via internet, I gave him my measurements and my only worry now is how it'll look and feel when worn. I really really really hope it won't be too big or too small.
myfront_view2.jpg

myreverse_view1.jpg

myfront_view1.jpg

Cobblers161

Well if it doesn't fit I'll buy it off you... :D

I think the Doniger is the most handsome of the contracts JC does and that looks a very fine example.

It's a beauty, pleased it's finally done!

veli1

Cobblers161 said:
Well if it doesn't fit I'll buy it off you... :D

You'll be the first to know cobblers, but I have full faith in J.C. and hope that sz.42 will be OK :cool: . If not...than sure is FS/Trade.

A

Anonymous

It's true the Donigers are the best looking flight jacket but are we not in danger of them taking over the world ? Or of JC getting so bored of making them that he loses his sanity ? :lol:

I'll be able to spot the forum members at any air show as you'll all be wearing the Donigers !! So much for a rose in the lapel and our secret handshakes at the Eastman camp ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy Christmas all !

Dave :D

veli1

srivats said:
Did you get your doniger? I got mine today ... its absolutely gorgeous.

Not yet :x . I live in Europe....too many packages for christmas from USA to Europe i reckon :D .... I will try to keep mouth shut for a few days and see how it’ll all work out....

M

veli1

JACKET_ HEAD said:
It's true the Donigers are the best looking flight jacket but are we not in danger of them taking over the world ? Or of JC getting so bored of making them that he loses his sanity ? :lol:

I'll be able to spot the forum members at any air show as you'll all be wearing the Donigers !! So much for a rose in the lapel and our secret handshakes at the Eastman camp ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy Christmas all !

I think that Andrew is somewhat responsible for the doniger orders.... :D ,I can only speak for myself but we have all seen the picture and whatever the reason we' ll just have to agree that his doniger pic sure looks like the bombing "ace" photo and the number #1 doniger of the year ;) ....Go Andrew...!

003-10.jpg

Dr H

Hi Veli1
Sorry to disappoint, but I took charge of the size 42 JC Doniger in the image this morning - it's every bit as stunning in the flesh and fits like a dream.
I sold a vintage Perry A2 (in goatskin) to purchase this one as a daily wearer and (as has been said previously in many posts) the finish of the goatskin is quite remarkable - I imagine that it'll patinate well as the pebbled surface is already a dead ringer for the hide of the Perry.
For anyone who isn't familiar with John's work, the standard of workmanship is superb and the attention to detail is legendary.
I Hope that you receive your Doniger soon - trust me it'll be worth the wait!
Best wishes for Christmas
Ian

Roughwear

veli1 said:
JACKET_ HEAD said:

Happy Christmas all !

I think that Andrew is somewhat responsible for the doniger orders.... :D ,I can only speak for myself but we have all seen the picture and whatever the reason we' ll just have to agree that his doniger pic sure looks like the bombing "ace" photo and the number #1 doniger of the year ;) ....Go Andrew...!

003-10.jpg

I am sure I'm not! Here's my size 42 original for comparison, which I hope to wear to at least one air show in 2009.
006-15.jpg

008-19.jpg

veli1

Hello gents,

my GW Doniger finally arrived yesterday and I must admit it looks awesome! Yes I know you want pics-I need to borrow digital camera from a friend so in a couple of days I'll shoot some photos...The jacket is excellent, Mr.C is a real craftsman and he did a very good job-knits are fine and strong,russet goatskin is superb-very grainy and with right shade of russet brown color. As I said earlier in my previous posts I'm newbie in A-2,B-10,B-15 and other AAF & USAF jackets, this is my first A-2 purchase via internet and I'm kind of glad that It all worked out like it was supposed to....Hm...well,almost. I've been working out in the gym for 4.5-5 months now and I've gain some muscle mass,almost 7kg (15.5lbs) especially in the shoulders,arms and back (too much pullups and chinups) . I'm 178 cm tall and weigh 83-85 kg (182-187lbs) now. I've ordered GW doniger sz42 in july 2008 and YES I didn't realize I could go with a size up,maybe 44 (GW Doniger in size 42 on the manequin looks pretty big i admit). Well,shoulders are OK but back and arms are tight and I can't layer too much clothes underneath. Nevertheless, I'll post some photos soon, I obviously haven't been able to see the "whole picture" ( fit and size...).So,I need opinion from you guys, need some encouragement...

jacketimp

veli1 said:
Well,shoulders are OK but back and arms are tight and I can't layer too much clothes underneath. Nevertheless, I'll post some photos soon, I obviously haven't been able to see the "whole picture" ( fit and size...).So,I need opinion from you guys, need some encouragement...

how many layers?

Roughwear

It may well be that a size 44 would be a more comfortable fit. Looking forward to seeing the pics of you wearing the Doniger.

veli1

jacketimp said:
veli1 said:
Well,shoulders are OK but back and arms are tight and I can't layer too much clothes underneath. Nevertheless, I'll post some photos soon, I obviously haven't been able to see the "whole picture" ( fit and size...).So,I need opinion from you guys, need some encouragement...

how many layers?

I wear a T-shirt and thin long sleeve shirt/or long sleeve T-shirt over it.

veli1

Roughwear said:
It may well be that a size 44 would be a more comfortable fit. Looking forward to seeing the pics of you wearing the Doniger.

Once again,there is no doubt that Mr.C is a real craftsman and he did a very good job...but WE the customers, are solely responsible for providing accurate measurements...and guys from the States I think have much easier job than we europeans.

Roughwear

veli1 said:
Roughwear said:

Once again,there is no doubt that Mr.C is a real craftsman and he did a very good job...but WE the customers, are solely responsible for providing accurate measurements...and guys from the States I think have much easier job than we europeans.

I don't follow the logic of this. It doesn't matter in which country one lives to give JC accurate measurements to help him make the right size A2.