• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Doniger is mine, I hope...

jacketimp

veli1 said:
jacketimp said:
veli1 said:
Well,shoulders are OK but back and arms are tight and I can't layer too much clothes underneath. Nevertheless, I'll post some photos soon, I obviously haven't been able to see the "whole picture" ( fit and size...).So,I need opinion from you guys, need some encouragement...

how many layers?

I wear a T-shirt and thin long sleeve shirt/or long sleeve T-shirt over it.

that's what i'd wear as layers!

veli1

About layering...well, I'll post photos soon and you'll all see my physique in "first person".

veli1

Roughwear said:
veli1 said:
Roughwear said:
It may well be that a size 44 would be a more comfortable fit. Looking forward to seeing the pics of you wearing the Doniger.

Once again,there is no doubt that Mr.C is a real craftsman and he did a very good job...but WE the customers, are solely responsible for providing accurate measurements...and guys from the States I think have much easier job than we europeans.

I don't follow the logic of this. It doesn't matter in which country one lives to give JC accurate measurements to help him make the right size A2.

Andrew you're right, but I was refering on test jacket or something similar when ordering for the first time over the internet and especially trim/tailored fitting jackets like A-2'. I think it is easier for someone to order and pay tax. and duties when in States than for me,and I'm 8000 miles way down in central Europe so go figure how long does it take for jacket to arrive from seattle to let's say San Fran,or New York,Florida etc and not once or twice but "several times" if tailoring or repairs are needed. But you're absolutely right Andrew-providing the right and accurate measurements is esential for successful purchase over the internet,especially when buying clothes.

srivats

veli1, you are worrying too much ... I wear a thin crewneck t-shirt and a full sleeve shirt underneath my doniger . The jacket fits me comfortably everywhere. I think I can even wear another not-too-thick sweater on top of my shirt and still the A2 will fit fine. If you are thinking of wearing more layers, then it is probably colder weather than what the A-2 was designed for ...

Is the jacket too restricting on your back and shoulders when you wear it? Can you comfortably fold your arms? When you zip the jacket fully, can you swing your arms without any restriction when you walk? Post some photos wearing the jacket (when you are standing as you would normally) with it fully zipped up and arms on your sides relaxed. We'll see how good the fit is ...

veli1

So, here are the photos guys, GW Doniger #018...I wanted to post photo of Mr.Chapman's jacket signature too but it was to blur and not recognizable with my camera-too small, I'll try tomorow. Please,feel free to comment!
s6.jpg

s5.jpg

s4.jpg

s3.jpg

s2.jpg

s1.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
veli1 said:
Well,shoulders are OK but back and arms are tight and I can't layer too much clothes underneath. Nevertheless, I'll post some photos soon, I obviously haven't been able to see the "whole picture" ( fit and size...).So,I need opinion from you guys, need some encouragement...

Veli, the jacket looks to be the right size, it fits well, and just needs some wearing.

A-2's aren't really for layering, and sometimes are more comfortable to wear over a well fitted shirt. T-shirts, and sweatshirts, although not bulky, can be looser, and cut wider in the sleeves. The A-2 with it's higher cut, narrow sleeves, can bunch up the garment worn under it.

veli1

Thanks David, I was thinking the same thing...I don't want to ruin this beautiful jacket with hot water treatment so I will wear it regularly over the next few weeks and i hope this will work out OK...If not than I am selling the jacket, I'm sure there are plenty of customers out there wanting to buy GW Doniger 21539 contract.

jacketimp

veli1 said:
Thanks David, I was thinking the same thing...I don't want to ruin this beautiful jacket with hot water treatment so I will wear it regularly over the next few weeks and i hope this will work out OK...If not than I am selling the jacket, I'm sure there are plenty of customers out there wanting to buy GW Doniger 21539 contract.

post pix in three moths time after honest to goodness wear (but no tears).........

Roughwear

Another great looking GW Doniger. Its certainly a snug fit. How does it feel when you move your arms out in front of you?

veli1

Roughwear said:
Another great looking GW Doniger. Its certainly a snug fit. How does it feel when you move your arms out in front of you?

It feels hella snug Andrew my back feels really tight, cuffs moves up my arms - almost 5cm(1.96 inch) from the end of the cuff to the wrist bone, I can't bend over and touch my toes either, it's to difficult for me to do.

jacketimp

veli1 said:
Roughwear said:

It feels hella snug Andrew my back feels really tight, cuffs moves up my arms - almost 5cm(1.96 inch) from the end of the cuff to the wrist bone, I can't bend over and touch my toes either, it's to difficult for me to do.

so looong as you can breathe........

hey you don't have to bend over and touch your toes wearing an A2.....

veli1

jacketimp said:
waht's your jkt measurement and your body measurements??

I'll post jacket measurements tomorow but I'm 178cm /5.83 feet and weigh about 83 kg/183lbs...and the banding over,well it's just an approximation of leather stiffness,cheers.

jacketimp

veli1 said:
jacketimp said:
waht's your jkt measurement and your body measurements??

I'll post jacket measurements tomorow but I'm 178cm /5.83 feet and weigh about 83 kg/183lbs...and the banding over,well it's just an approximation of leather stiffness,cheers.

be careful when you bend over.......cos your exposing your arse.....