• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The last to succumb...

John Lever

Aerosquad said:
Within a year of buying my ELC B3 it started to crack, flake,graze, peal, whatever you want to call it. My Aero B6 Redskin was worse, it developed bald patches after a few months. Both manufacturers response to these conditions was of course "thats they way the originals were !" If thats the case, why are they going to lengths to make them look worn ?
The B3 is now 10 years old and can only be worn with jeans because the sheepskin part looks like it is 60 years old and the horshide is barley broken in. As an engineer I used to like to wear it with khakis or dress pants to work but got tired of having an expensive flight jacket referred to as 'an old jacket'. Broken in is one thing, but worn down is another.

With all the expensive advertising, web pictures and glossy catalogs, why dont any of the high end manufacturers tell there potential buyers that "thats they way the originals were !"
before they buy ?
I would like to see some photos of the B-3. What size it ?
Thanks,

Falcon_52

Well, the new "broken grain" RW B-3 was delivered yesterday. I'm pleased to report that the leather is not nearly as thin as it looks in the stock photos. The jacket itself is suprisingly quite stiff especially in the arms. The sheepskin panels have a little bit of sheen (some more than others) and don't look as matte as Eastman's house B-3 style.

This one is a keeper (provided that my wife doesn't notice the new jacket :D )

Noel

John Lever

Falcon_52 said:
Well, the new "broken grain" RW B-3 was delivered yesterday. I'm pleased to report that the leather is not nearly as thin as it looks in the stock photos. The jacket itself is suprisingly quite stiff especially in the arms. The sheepskin panels have a little bit of sheen (some more than others) and don't look as matte as Eastman's house B-3 style.

This one is a keeper (provided that my wife doesn't notice the new jacket :D )

Noel
Hey Noel,
Get the camera out please !