• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spent some birthday money.

atkins

Dean, are you considering a Pecard to -i don't know- fatten/thicken/moisten the hide? to take the vynil-ly off? I heard good succesful story about them.

deand

I've been rubbing alcohol based hand disinfectant on it, then wiping it off, and it does a great job of taking the "shine" off the leather. The grain starts to pop a bit more, and I really think this jacket was a good find at the $168 I spent on it. I'll try to take some photos of the grain and wrinkles that are showing up. I think the seal brown is just such a blah shade, compared to russet, or the dark seal, like my goatskin repro, and that makes the jacket seem cheap looking. Since I have no experience with vintage or Goodwear quality repros, perhaps my jacket will never be better looking than a "$99 jacket" I payed $168 for. I have no idea what the retail price for a Flight Apparel jacket from the 1980s cost back then in present day dollars. I like it.

dean