• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Simply disgusting!

D97x7

One of my pictures was doing the rounds, last year I think, I gave the photo high praise, pointing out what a marvellous jacket it was and I should know as I'm the owner, trouble is it's made by Eastman not you. Not seen it since, could be the same company.

Enigma1938

You'd have to wonder what would turn up in the post.

Well, if you're a lucky one something like this :p(pics), if not something worse may appear ...

Attachments

• UTB8ciBGfwnJXKJkSaelq6xUzXXaN.jpg
    UTB8ciBGfwnJXKJkSaelq6xUzXXaN.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 154
  • HTB1jefFn5OYBuNjSsD4q6zSkFXao.jpg
    HTB1jefFn5OYBuNjSsD4q6zSkFXao.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 132

Pilot

Political issues... far beyond Crapola Bay or other unscrupulous trading platforms...
Blocade all these sellers and their countries until their own governments start to bring them back into the line...sorry... No other way... WTO and interational business practice and rules... Comply or die! and sorry for the collateral damages...
Sorry dont want to be rude.. same was implemented a few years ago with other (Asian ) countries and it worked ...

Last edited:

tefouane

I have had conversation with the seller telling him I will contact ebay and eastman about stolen pics. He send me several answer and tells me he was not aware about the pic. Apparently the sale is now closed....

tefouane

Here is his 1st reply :
Thanks for your message. I shall check with my product manager and shall take necessary action.

We are leather products maker from Pakistan. Since Europe and US are trend setters, our designers take inspiration from their work. Probably resemblance is result of that. Anyways, please wait let me check at my side.

Best regards

tefouane

2nd message :
If it is so, I shall check with my product manager why he used others photo. It is one of our new item. I do not have much information. Speaking the truth, for me, Eastman name is also a new name. Sorry for my ignorance.

Best regards

tefouane

And the last one :
Thanks for pointing out our mistake. We have rectified it by deleting the listing.

I have firm believe that there should not be intentional discrepancy between photo and the real product. Recognizing Real ownership is the legit way.

I am not sure this design is also registered or it is open for us too. I shall check it with someone.

Appreciate your action.

Thanks & best regards,
T-P-P

Pilot

Here is his 1st reply :
Thanks for your message. I shall check with my product manager and shall take necessary action.

We are leather products maker from Pakistan. Since Europe and US are trend setters, our designers take inspiration from their work. Probably resemblance is result of that. Anyways, please wait let me check at my side.

Best regards
Thx, well done! bravo!
Even if it’s always the same kind of reply and „ excuse“ from this kind of seller...
Ken and Aero can sing a full opera about those parasites.
Anyway, thx and bravo!

Well considering that Aero is a reproduction in itself.......to me it's just a company reproducing another company that reproduced a company from the 30's-40's so I don't exactly have any issues against it.
Capitalism in progress.......you price yourself out of the average wage earner's ability to buy your product means that there is a opening in the marketplace for a product like this

917_k

Well considering that Aero is a reproduction in itself.......to me it's just a company reproducing another company that reproduced a company from the 30's-40's so I don't exactly have any issues against it.
Capitalism in progress.......you price yourself out of the average wage earner's ability to buy your product means that there is a opening in the marketplace for a product like this

C’mon, seriously? I think there’s a difference. No one has an issue with some cheap ass B3 copy being knocked out, but using photos of another brand’s actual product is just plain wrong and totally misleading.

Saint-ex

I totally agree with you guys, but eBay and the web in general is full of counterfeits, scams and the like ...
I don't see why leather jackets would be an exception.

Whoever thinks to pay 150 euros for a B3 of the RAF (LOL) and receive a quality equivalent to an Eastman will be ripped off, just like the one who gave his iban to an unfortunate African heir who had promised to leave him 20% of his fortune in exchange for a little help...

No room for the naive in this sad web.