• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Simply disgusting!

Pilot

Next try:

Last edited:

B-Man2

While I respect everyone for trying, I really don't think we are going to be able to influence this type of "bait and switch" selling that's going on.
Caveat Emptor ............ Buyer beware..... that's the best thing we can do to stop this.
If you don't get crazy about getting the " deal of the century" on a b-3, you won't get burned.
Common sense is at play here.
Go with what and who you know.
Do be the first guy to "test the waters"
If it sounds to good to be true........it is too good to be true.
We've heard them all..... but sometimes we get blinded by the "bait' part of the "bait and switch'.
Good Luck to all.

MikeyB-17

I may have mentioned this before, but I remember on one of the watch forums years ago, a police officer told the story of him trying to set up a unit in order to put a stop to all the obvious scams that were going on on EBay. The attempt failed because Ebay did not want to know-in fact they were downright obstructive. As long as they’re getting paid, they don’t give a monkey’s what dirty dealing goes on .

B-Man2

You’re spot on . EBay is revenue driven.
But seriously , most of us have been at this awhile . Does any of us really believe that there’s a jacket company out there making $150.00 B-3 repros that rival an Aero, GW or ELC?

MikeyB-17

Of course we don’t. But there are a lot of folk who might. And using pics of another company’s jackets to make less experienced buyers think that’s what they’re getting sucks dead toads.

B-Man2

You make a good point Mikey, about new guys getting sucked into this kind of scam . I guess to some degree it rests with us to try and save them from, or at least advise them of this kind of stuff.

mulceber

We can try, Burt. Trouble is, there’s a big wide World out there that doesn’t know we exist. We need a new kind of superhero-‘this looks like a job for Flight Jacket Scam Prevention Man!’ :D

Can he pull double duty and get rid of those obnoxious robocalls warning me about my car's extended warranty? I've been getting them since before I had a car! :p

B-Man2

Can he pull double duty and get rid of those obnoxious robocalls warning me about my car's extended warranty? I've been getting them since before I had a car! :p
Must be the same guy who calls me . I’m getting calls like that on a car I sold 6 years ago. :rolleyes:

Maverickson

Hi All,

Speaking of the devil! By happenstance I found another Pakistani jacket maker aka Rock Star. This time found outside of eBay https://rockstarjackets.com/product/monarch-leather-jacket

In this case Good Wear knock offs. Even going so far as to exclusively use John's very own pix complete https://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sale_messenger_0001.html to boot.

Do you suppose that Rock Star obtained an original Monarch jacket to duplicate John's pattern? Better yet, simply resourceful & winged it by gleaning enough detail from those same pix John provided on his website in combination with utilizing a generic house (Non Monarch)) pattern with that design. I think the latter and on par for the course. In any event this is starting to sound very familiar.

Cheers, Dave

Last edited:

ausreenactor

I may have mentioned this before, but I remember on one of the watch forums years ago, a police officer told the story of him trying to set up a unit in order to put a stop to all the obvious scams that were going on on EBay. The attempt failed because Ebay did not want to know-in fact they were downright obstructive. As long as they’re getting paid, they don’t give a monkey’s what dirty dealing goes on .

That is it. If the item sells EBay make the money. Inaccurate descriptions/different item received. Paypal problem. EBay owns Paypal? Go figure...