• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoulder bags ?

Thomas Koehle

Was ist bitte ein kleiner Brauner ?ein Kaffee? ein Stück Torte?
Ich bestell meistens nur meinen Jägertee :cool:
den krieg ich dann auch mit bisschen Kaiserschmarren:)

I was also struggling with all the totally different names the people in Austria use for their coffee. Even after 3 years of working in Styria i didn't actually get it and when asking one of the "aboriginees" even they haven't really be able to tell me the difference ...

There is not only the "kleiner Brauner" (little brown one) but also the "Verlängerter" (stretched) coffee ...

Maybe @Enigma1938 may be able to help out to shed some light ... :)

John Lever

Bought this for 20 quid ,rugged canvass
20231128_155434.jpg

John Lever

I was also struggling with all the totally different names the people in Austria use for their coffee. Even after 3 years of working in Styria i didn't actually get it and when asking one of the "aboriginees" even they haven't really be able to tell me the difference ...

There is not only the "kleiner Brauner" (little brown one) but also the "Verlängerter" (stretched) coffee ...

And there's Portion Kaffee

Enigma1938

Ja sands debbad ?!
Ich komm zwar nicht direkt aus Österreich aber ich weiß das ein kleiner Brauner ein Espresso mit Milch ist und ein Verlängerter ein normaler Kaffee ist.
Servus ! :p

I'm not directly from Austria, but I know that a small brown is an espresso with milk and an extended is a normal coffee.

Micawber

Depends on whether you wish to look as if you are using government surplus or something a little more upmarket. Billingham bags are nice but pricey, something by Chapman up in Cumbria, perhaps do a google search for ‘game Bags’ - there are loads available from a multitude of makers and suppliers in a range of prices. Barbour produce some nice ones, Jack Pyke bags will be cheaper.

We don’t always have to think along military lines to obtain good, durable items do we?

Mr. Mike

But 'my' model has altered since the design I received. All a matter of personal taste though ...

Lord Flashheart

This is a problem I've been thinking about for all the junk I carry about. At the moment I've got a Mk VII gas mark bag which is great but needs a bit of respect. I also have an RAF 1937 blue haversack from SOF like this
Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 21.07.56.png