• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I Bid on Star 55J14 with Possum(?) Collar?

bgrant570

Ok, many of you have seen this already. I'm really thinking of making an offer. I certainly don't think it's worth what he's asking, but aside from the collar the jacket looks pretty good to my admittedly untrained eye. If it could be gotten for the right price, do you think it's worth a swap to a nice mouton collar? Thoughts?

Bauer.jpg

Thomas Koehle

I saw it before - the collar fits more into a fashion show in Milan or Paris ...

The overall condition ain't that bad obviously but you never know who and how they already messed with the skunk-collar

Anyway - if the size fits you i'd grab it

bgrant570

$280.00 plus 15.00 shipping . Plus $75.00 - $100 for a mouton collar replacement . Plus $25.00 shipping each way .
Total …. About $425.00 to $445.00
So … the question becomes … do you think you’re getting a bargain?
You make the call .;)
Yeah, I'm definitley not paying $280 for it. I'd only consider it if I could get a decent deal, like sub 200. Looks to be the same measurements as my current G1s, so maybe worth a shot.

bgrant570

So I made an offer and was auto declined. Second offer as well. I'm not really willing to go higher than my last offer, so if the seller gets tired of looking at it maybe he'll reach out, otherwise there it will sit.

OperationCoffee

Yeah, I'm definitley not paying $280 for it. I'd only consider it if I could get a decent deal, like sub 200. Looks to be the same measurements as my current G1s, so maybe worth a shot.
How much was your offer?
So I made an offer and was auto declined. Second offer as well. I'm not really willing to go higher than my last offer, so if the seller gets tired of looking at it maybe he'll reach out, otherwise there it will sit.
How much was your offer?

mulceber

IMHO, still worth it at $250, but I get it - if you've got other stuff going on right now, the 80 bucks makes a difference.

bgrant570

I think I'm gonna let this one time out once again (only has 16hrs left) and see if the seller is anymore amenable next go round. Maybe I'll get some Xmas money!!

Smithy

Not Yank possums but I used to get paid to shoot (introduced) Aussie brush tailed possums on my family's farms on school holidays when I was a nipper. I had a Ruger 22 high velo carbine with a long mag (now very illegal back home) for the job.

Used to make a packet doing it.

Can't comment on the jacket apart from the fact that that collar would be no match for my old Ruger.