• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seems like ELC will introduce a new jacket to their range...

Micawber

No ..... no please continue... as one who’s reached the age of having subtly dropped shoulders, stooped, with a twist of the spine with lumps and bumps , I find all of this very pertinent and extremely interesting :D:D:D

Snap! I'll have to dig out the ancient tailoring books that were passed to me back in the '70's. They are profusely illustrated with line drawings showing examples of all those things and many, many more along with combinations of same. It's not just a case of shoving a brass tipped measuring tape into places where the sun rarely shines and enquiring which side prefers to dress... :D

Suit you Sir ;) [Punch that into Youtube along with "The Fast Show" and you will quickly pick up what I'm on about].

B-Man2

Valid points. There are certainly more pleasures drawn from a bespoke A-2. I have the BK 'Beast' for that. The base price for an ELC A-2 is certainly up there now and it would take a windfall or the sale of a couple of my repros to fund it. Replacing two jackets with one doesn't make much sense as a collector. I have traded up over the last twenty years to get to where the collection is now. Research and the 'buy three, flip two' in 2008 when the exchange rates aligned were catalysts to the BR collection.

Wish I bought a HLB when I could though.. They NEVER show up!
If ELC starts making the HLB again one day , I can only guess at this point what they’d want for one.

B-Man2

Snap! I'll have to dig out the ancient tailoring books that were passed to me back in the '70's. They are profusely illustrated with line drawings showing examples of all those things and many, many more along with combinations of same. It's not just a case of shoving a brass tipped measuring tape into places where the sun rarely shines and enquiring which side prefers to dress... :D

Suit you Sir ;) [Punch that into Youtube along with "The Fast Show" and you will quickly pick up what I'm on about].
OMG!!
Have tears in my eyes, just watched about 5 minutes of “Suits you Sir”, I’ll be watching YouTube tonight for sure!
Thank you!!

Last edited:

Micawber

Valid points. There are certainly more pleasures drawn from a bespoke A-2. I have the BK 'Beast' for that. The base price for an ELC A-2 is certainly up there now and it would take a windfall or the sale of a couple of my repros to fund it. Replacing two jackets with one doesn't make much sense as a collector. I have traded up over the last twenty years to get to where the collection is now. Research and the 'buy three, flip two' in 2008 when the exchange rates aligned were catalysts to the BR collection.

Wish I bought a HLB when I could though.. They NEVER show up!

See, I wouldn't go for a made to measure repro A2, they were issue garments so I accept them on that basis.
Besides by bespoke I mean just that, personally measured by an experienced tailor, dedicated patters produced, the parts cut by an experienced cutter, trial assembled and then go through various stages of fitting etc. That as opposed to a standard pattern that is tweaked here and there to suit any particular requirements - ie made to measure :)