• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Salzburg on Thursday... what to wear ?

Great info. Chandler, as usual. And you are always making me thirsty when talking about beer. I remember how surprised I was in the early 90s when visiting Bavaria to see regulars getting their personal steins even at a big tourist-infested place like the Hofbrau Haus in Munich. They take their beer seriously there, and it made a deep and good impression on a young lad like me. :D

Oh, and I think I'd go with the Irvin. :lol:

Chandler

Clyde from Carolina said:
...to see regulars getting their personal steins even at a big tourist-infested place like the Hofbrau Haus in Munich.

To be one of those regulars, with my own personal stein in its little locked cage, has been one of my goals in life! :D

Otter

How was the weather, good for B-3 Irvin yesterday, some snow around 11' ish today but heavy rain this pm. Had to wear the Barbour Peacoat and my Barmah Sundowner to pick Daughter up from school.

John Lever

Wearing my Irvin I approached passport control desk the officer asked ' Did you have good bombing? '
I replied 'Sorry about that'

Chandler

John Lever said:
Wearing my Irvin I approached passport control desk the officer asked ' Did you have good bombing? '
I replied 'Sorry about that'

I'd have asked for directions to the nearest Bierhall and said, "I'll report back later!" :D

John Lever

Loads of snow. Went to Stiegl and Mullner brewery for Bock and mulled beer.
The old ELC Irvin was the choice I went with. It was very comfortable with no aching shoulders that my Anj-4 used to cause. It did attract a lot of attention from the Austrians, and Italians who go to Salzburg in large numbers for the Xmas markets. I wore my Japanese Pearl Izumi crab claw gloves as leather gloves never work for me. Beneath the jacket I wore a thin merino wool sweater, with a neck tube and thermal hat. My feet were kept warm with waterproof leather and Goretex thermal boots.
We walked around for hours in -7 deg. C, I was never cold.
The elastic strap even came into use as while wearing gloves it is not possible to fasten the collar strap, so the collar is just pulled over the head.
20121213_090931.jpg

20121213_090635.jpg

20121213_120251-1.jpg

20121213_123149.jpg

20121213_124409.jpg

20121213_124457-1.jpg

20121213_124644.jpg

20121213_185442.jpg

20121214_094216-1.jpg

Falcon_52

Looks like the Irvin was right at home. What a view! I'm so envious. I haven't seen snow in a really long time; last winter was unusually mild and this one seems about the same so far. It looks like you had a great time.

Noel

Otter

Nice photos, the sky looks amazing in that first one, looks like you had a good time.