• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

flyincowboy

RAID OVER GERMANY 339TH BS 96TH BG
B-17 339th B S 96th BG  raid over Germany in 1944..jpg

JonnyCrow

Hardly a war criminal- he was tried as one for using men out of uniform behind enemy lines during the Battle of the Bulge. He had an amazing life.
Cheers mate, I agree,
I am not sure I see the point of posting pictures of a Waffen SS officer, a war criminal, enjoying a peaceful retirement. But then again, that's me.
I deleted them although I shouldn't have as it was in a non political point, but seeing I upset your sensibilities why not add Werner Von Braun to your list, his rockets killed many, and slaves died building his installations, you do know he was SS right? But that's just me. Skorzeny wasn't the worst he was a gung ho commando and neither was Von Braun, if they were then the Americans wouldn't have used them would they, incidentally there's a American base here in Spain called Rota, granted by Franco, a fascist dictator after a happy meeting with Roosevelt, here the story ends :)

Lorenzo_l

Cheers mate, I agree,

I deleted them although I shouldn't have as it was in a non political point, but seeing I upset your sensibilities why not add Werner Von Braun to your list, his rockets killed many, and slaves died building his installations, you do know he was SS right? But that's just me. Skorzeny wasn't the worst he was a gung ho commando and neither was Von Braun, if they were then the Americans wouldn't have used them would they, incidentally there's a American base here in Spain called Rota, granted by Franco, a fascist dictator after a happy meeting with Roosevelt, here the story ends :)

@JonnyCrow,
I did not ask you to delete your post nor did you upset my sensibility. I just pointed out that I did no see the point of posting pictures of a former SS officer. I am aware of von Braun's past. No harm done.
Peace.

ZuZu

@JonnyCrow,
I did not ask you to delete your post nor did you upset my sensibility. I just pointed out that I did no see the point of posting pictures of a former SS officer. I am aware of von Braun's past. No harm done.
Peace.

Ah- the ol' love/hate fear/admiration of those old Germans! The internet has almost been scrubbed clean of ANY reference to the fighting forces of Nazi Germany that isn't critical or condemning. Algorithms and self censorship make sure we realize that those old Nazis were REALLY DIFFERENT from us today! Even though in real life that's not exactly the case- the first in the list of crimes at Nuremberg was plotting and waging an aggressive war. "The IMT focused on the crime of aggression—plotting and waging aggressive war, which the verdict declared "the supreme international crime" because "it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole". (from Wikipedia) Laughable how much that has been ignored- both by the USA and former victims of the Nazis.

What is the point of NOT posting a picture of a former SS officer? Fragile minds might be injured? Fragile minds might be altered?

Not trying to be too confrontational and apologies if I come across that way...

JonnyCrow

Ah- the ol' love/hate fear/admiration of those old Germans! The internet has almost been scrubbed clean of ANY reference to the fighting forces of Nazi Germany that isn't critical or condemning. Algorithms and self censorship make sure we realize that those old Nazis were REALLY DIFFERENT from us today! Even though in real life that's not exactly the case- the first in the list of crimes at Nuremberg was plotting and waging an aggressive war. "The IMT focused on the crime of aggression—plotting and waging aggressive war, which the verdict declared "the supreme international crime" because "it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole". (from Wikipedia) Laughable how much that has been ignored- both by the USA and former victims of the Nazis.

What is the point of NOT posting a picture of a former SS officer? Fragile minds might be injured? Fragile minds might be altered?

For years I did ww2 reenactment and living history, towards the end flags and insignia was banned, organisers stopped having allied axis events and went for home front mm

JonnyCrow

If we're going to whitewash history let's ban Romans, crusaders, sigh,

ZuZu

For years I did ww2 reenactment and living history, towards the end flags and insignia was banned, organisers stopped having allied axis events and went for home front mm

Good intentions which lead to censorship inevitably lead to bad outcomes. Starting with the suppression of hate speech all the evils of a controlled and propaganda driven internet have been released. There is no way to do it right- it's either freedom or it is not...