• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private Purchase "A-2" 20th AF - 20+ missions

Roughwear

It is either a refurbished issued Cable or a privately purchased Cable. If so it may have been made around the time of the 27753 contract-mid 1942 to 1943.

Roughwear

John, the lack of throat latch and vent holes confirm that it is a privately purchased A2. Cable Raincoat must have been making A2 style jackets to sell via department stores or other outlets. I'm not sure if they did mail order like Aero.

CBI

thanks Andrew - Jacket CSI work at its finest. Sorry that I returned the jacket so quickly after Pecards but the fellow who runs the collection is a public school administrator and yesterday was the last day of school for 2 weeks and I needed to get the jacket back to him.

I will probably be doing volunteer "work" for these folks from time to time as its fun, helpful, educational and a chance to get my hands on some great WW2 era aviation items.

As an aside, still no word on posting all of the patch collection photos. I think its going to be after the first of the year before I know..........

RCSignals

I'm thinkink the name impressed in gold directly on the jacket may be an indication the jacket was a gift to the owner. Another reason it was a private purchase, it may have been a gift from family etc.