• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please identify

Stef

I could post a pic of my BK RW in seal, but it's too large for me, it would not do justice to the jacket.
It's good, while i find the leather to smooth, but that new hide looks better.
BK does exists out there, some buyers posted pics on previous threads.
-------------
Stef

A

Anonymous

Some jackets with smooth hide have been sold to people outside this forum who stumbled on the BK website.
But the smooth hide is now history.
Posting photos of it is like posting photos of ELC jackets how they were (smooth) 5 years ago.
Also will be misleading the others, and with the absence of an updated website could only cause damage .
BK is still on the lookout for good hides as has been failed already by 2 promising Italian tanneries.

From now on, there will be only grainy hides and we haven't seen the best of them yet.
Sorry that I didn't post 'as worn' but I suck as model and that would not do justice to the jacket.

Stef

I agree Platon, no need yo post pics of previous jackets, it won't serve the new ones. The old BK RW was a fine jacket, but there was some place for improvement, and that is what you are doing right now, improving. Your patterns look good, so with a good rough and grainy hide, it's going to be really great, and i'll be a returning customer, a sure as you're doing things in the right direction. Note that with some wearing, my RW is getting better, the smooth hide will break in a bit at some point.

-----------------
Stef

A

Anonymous

Thank you all guys,
BK copied every little detail, but will still appreciate your input as keeping up the effort to improve the result.
Welcome any suggestions.

Ian C

PLATON said:
Thank you all guys,
BK copied every little detail, but will still appreciate your input as keeping up the effort to improve the result.
Welcome any suggestions.

I've got a couple of warbows to make for friends once I can get the timber and my new shed up. Once they're done I'll order one. That's if I ever get the timber, Italian yew is like Italian horse-hide-hard to get hold of and expensive.

Regards,

Ian

bretron

"Arco" I like it, the Dubow gonna be a "Budow"? ;)

Very excited for new releases! That hide is amazing. My only critique is the ring snaps and not ball snaps; but I can EASILY overlook that detail for your boys' insanely low pricepoint. Or can we expect an "Arco" sized price jump with new release? :p

Good looking, BK

RCSignals

bretron said:
"Arco" I like it, the Dubow gonna be a "Budow"? ;)

Very excited for new releases! That hide is amazing. My only critique is the ring snaps and not ball snaps; but I can EASILY overlook that detail for your boys' insanely low pricepoint. Or can we expect an "Arco" sized price jump with new release? :p

Good looking, BK

It is supposed to have ring snaps

Roughwear

The Aero contract this repro is based on only had ring snaps and I'm glad Platon has stuck to the original contract.

A

Anonymous

img0255by.jpg

img0244bs.jpg

thought to share a closer look at the grain

Stef

wow !!! you killed me with this one. I want one !! ...for true ;)

thanks Platon

------------
Stef