• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photos of your oldest repros

John Lever

I though that a thread showing some really old repros might be fun. Let's see some old crusty jackets over 10 years old.
I'll start with my [ wife's now as it's too small] ALC Irvin from 1977.
IMGP1641.jpg

better duck

My 1990 ELC House A2 "Better Duck", the (steerhide) leather none the worse for wear, with a Jerome patch added last year:

IMG_2366.jpg

A closer up, with the original patch still on it:

IMG_1451.jpg

Knits:

IMG_1454.jpg

Roughwear

Here is my oldest A2 repro: An ELC 1933 Werber, made around three years ago! ;)

020-31-1.jpg

My oldest and only repro Irvin was made at the very end of the last century, give or take a few years. No artificial aging here. :)

001-46.jpg

rich

My oldest and only repro Irvin was made at the very end of the last century, give or take a few years. No artificial aging here. :)

That Irvin is a really really terrible repro Andrew. You really need to sell it immediately. To me, for instance.

Roughwear

rich said:

That Irvin is a really really terrible repro Andrew. You really need to sell it immediately. To me, for instance.

Good try Rich. I thought you had you eye on a 1944 ELC repro? I'm sure if you wait long enough a collector in Surrey will be selling his. ;) :lol:

rich

I don't know the age of the Irvin, I bought it off Tim last year but it has the all-metal main zip. I think the house A-2 is looking decidedly blousey compared to today's offerings..... The Luftwaffe jacket is super-heavy in comparison to the A-2's.

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

rich

John Lever said:
Rich,
That's a great RAF there but I don't understand the statement about the zip

Sorry John, that was badly put - I mean the male end of the main zip is metal, rather than the plastic bit they use now.

Andrew

Rich that's the best presentation of aged repros I've seen on this forum and it's all natural wear.

Funnny, I have a 20 yr old levi style buffalo hide jacket that has similar wear and it just happened over time without me thinking about it. It's only since I got interested in military jackets that i've been conscious of where the wear (where the wear :? ) is up to at any one day.

havocpaul

That is the best selection of 'worn' repros I've seen, Rich...superb! I love that 'Luftwaffe' jacket especially, how long did it take to wear that one in?