• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perry A-2

Dr H

Almagnifico said:
Why do you like Perry ? For me it is very similar to Rough Wear :roll:

:shock:

No, but seriously - I like the small collar and scalloped pocket flaps.

Steve H

Almagnifico said:
Why do you like Perry ? For me it is very similar to Rough Wear :roll:

For me the tapered sleeves, small collar with limited stand, scalloped pocket flaps and the shape fits my shape well.

And its uber comfortable worn over an A4 flight suit! A match made in heaven!! :cool:

omarco

what kind of body shape does the perry suit? My GW order has come and i'm trying to make up my mind which contract to go for and the Perry is a contender :)

Dr H

Originals come in two patterns, one marginally shorter armed and wider in the torso than the other.
In either case it's a short, boxy, round shouldered pattern.
It suits stockier body shapes as the torso is comparatively short.

Dr H

If your more lean and longer in the torso, try the Doniger - it looks really sharp on a slimmer silhouette.

omarco

Thanks Ian but i'm after russet horsehide and it seems the Doniger is goat only.. am thinking Werber 36 or Bronco at the moment.. I really like Johns new golden knits and would like to use them..

I should probably stop sh***ng up Platons Perry thread now :D

A

Anonymous

Having some difficulty finding good repro conmar zips, they seem not to making them anymore,
but I have a plan B.

Dr H

FWIW, the repro Conmar is weakest aspect of my ELC B-15, the Talon copy on the B-10 is better.
I'd want to source a NOS Conmar if I were going down that route.

A

Anonymous

Nos conmars are not available
and unfortunately the only conmar repros available
are marked with "Waldes" instead of conmar
so do you guys prefer that instead of repto talon?

please let me know

chamboid

What's about the 'Conmatic' there seem to be the bell shaped and 50's style available from somewhere, B.Ricksons uses them quite a bit, and I know that RMNZ stocks them, do they have an independent supplier?

And how do you source Crown repros?

A

Anonymous

I don't think anybody has Conmar repros
and only ELC and BR have Crowns.

A

Anonymous

If no objection about Waldes we proceed with Waldes
Don't tell me later "I want Talon because your Conmar says Waldes"

If any objection, speak now (or forever hold your peace)