• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NO NEGATIVE OR NEUTRAL FEEDBACK TO BUYERS ?"><ik()#@%@!?v#@#

sgbailey2002

I just got my first negative feedback, after 961 positives (actually more if you count the multiples before they changed the scoring system). Unfortunately I only have 66 positives so far in the last 12 months, been a little slow buying and selling, so my score is now 98.5%, instead of 99.9% if they counted my total like they used to. He also slammed my DSR ratings, which were excellent until now. The twit that left the negative did it because he screwed up and bid and won without reading my payment options. He emailed me multiple times demanding I cancel the auction because he didn't know how to pay with a money order. I explained how to do that and he did send one. I mailed out the item same day I received payment and he negs me for 'slow shipping', 'only take money orders' ( I take credit cards too) and 'terrible packaging' (total BS). He's a kid in Utah who just started on ebay, low feedback. Real bummer when you do everything right and still get a negative.

SGB

Baron Kurtz

I am very happy that sellers cannot leave negatives now. And here is the reason why:

I was recently royally screwed over by a seller. I purchased a long brown leather USN coat with the brown fur collar for £15 - a steal. The auction ended on a Saturday. I did the "checkout" process on the Sunday, informing the seller that i would be sending a personal cheque (an approved payment method stated in the auction).

On the Monday morning i'd received an email from the seller stating that cheque wouldn't work for some reason. So, i sent paypal payment that afternoon (also allowed in the auction terms). The seller refused to accept my payment. This is, recall, just two days after the auction ended. The seller claimed that they were moving house and had packed the jacket away already. Pretty goddamn dumb if you ask me, but OK, i replied, when your house move is over please let me know when you find it. No reply. Weeks pass and the seller won't reply to further emails. So i start an eBay dispute. eBay confirms the seller was in the wrong, but there's nothing to be done about it. eBay is terrible these days about getting rid of useless sellers.

Still no word so i leave a negative feedback. Based upon the email i then got from the seller after doing so, i would imagine that had it been possible they would have dinged me with a retaliatory negative. So, in this admittedly isolated case the inability of useless sellers to leave negative feedback is a good thing. As a good buyer, I dislike the games some sellers used to play. "Give me positive and i'll reciprocate, but if you dare give me negative, even if i'm utterly useless, i'll give you a negative back, just to be a bastard".

bk