• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NO NEGATIVE OR NEUTRAL FEEDBACK TO BUYERS ?"><ik()#@%@!?v#@#

spitfire

I bought/won a G1 jacket a few days ago,and the seller added this information in a seperate box:

On Mar-20-08 at 20:54:41 PDT, seller added the following information:

All items are 100% guaranteed, your satisfaction or complete refund. 7-day return policy. Positive feedback will be left for you once you leave us postive feedback. We will never leave you negative feedback first, but we will always do so if negative feedback is left for us.

It is a seller called: abramsantiques
I guess Mr Abram won't be leaving much negative feedback anymore in the future :) Some sellers are just blatantly insulting and corrupt. :D

Roughwear

spitfire said:
I bought/won a G1 jacket a few days ago,and the seller added this information in a seperate box:

On Mar-20-08 at 20:54:41 PDT, seller added the following information:

All items are 100% guaranteed, your satisfaction or complete refund. 7-day return policy. Positive feedback will be left for you once you leave us postive feedback. We will never leave you negative feedback first, but we will always do so if negative feedback is left for us.

It is a seller called: abramsantiques
I guess Mr Abram won't be leaving much negative feedback anymore in the future :) Some sellers are just blatantly insulting and corrupt. :D

I hope the G1 turns out to be a great jacket and all the feedback is positive Paul.

spitfire

Thank you Andrew.I will probably leave the seller positive feedback,as it is quite old and was used in service,so i do not expect it to be in excellent,or even very good condition.It is coming from america,so i expect it to take quite a long time aswell.I won't spite him over his crazy feedback ideas.
The actual jacket is sheepskin lined.I will post a link to the ebay page it was on:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=022

Hopefully,the page info and pictures are still viewable.
I do not have a clue who the commander richard lippencott is.I cannot find any reference to him on the internet.Actually Andrew,i bought the jacket for a friend who is a lone round the world yachtsman,from australia called billy.the jacket is size 40 chest,with the sheepskin,it may only fit a 38 chest.my dad told me it may be too small for billy to wear,as my dad thinks he is a size 42 upwards.I will try it on when it arrives.If it fits me,it definately won't fit billy.hopefully it will fit him,it must get chilly and lonely out in the oceans.

Roughwear

spitfire said:
Thank you Andrew.I will probably leave the seller positive feedback,as it is quite old and was used in service,so i do not expect it to be in excellent,or even very good condition.It is coming from america,so i expect it to take quite a long time aswell.I won't spite him over his crazy feedback ideas.
The actual jacket is sheepskin lined.I will post a link to the ebay page it was on:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=022

Hopefully,the page info and pictures are still viewable.
I do not have a clue who the commander richard lippencott is.I cannot find any reference to him on the internet.Actually Andrew,i bought the jacket for a friend who is a lone round the world yachtsman,from australia called billy.the jacket is size 40 chest,with the sheepskin,it may only fit a 38 chest.my dad told me it may be too small for billy to wear,as my dad thinks he is a size 42 upwards.I will try it on when it arrives.If it fits me,it definately won't fit billy.hopefully it will fit him,it must get chilly and lonely out in the oceans.

Well it is an interesting jacket and for $40 you can't go wrong.

spitfire

Thank you Andrew,it does seem an intersting jacket.I'm just off to google again,to try and find anything about commander richard lippencott again.I am sure a commander would have been mentioned somewhere on the internet,but this commander lippencott is a pretty elusive fellow at present... perhaps he's the scarlet pimpernel? :eek: :)

havocpaul

I have noticed more delays now with receiving payments from buyers, clearly some of them are aware they won't get bad feedback no matter what....my latest dispute someone who did a BIN then I never heard anything from them until after a week they claimed they had a p.c. problem (strange how they always break down when they buy something!) and that they would send payment the end of the NEXT week!! No payment arrived so I posted a dispute and they then decide to lie and say a cheque was sent and cashed (not to me or by me!), then they add that they'd told me that a postal order was going to be sent after the 31st May. I'll wait and see how it pans out, but they can get away with this because eBay now protect them, so long as they can say they did contact the buyer and do pay eventually no action can be taken against them. I am going to have to make my BIN items immediate payment only from here on. And after 5 months since a 'crook' did a charge-back via Paypal for an item I know he received (and eBay knew he'd done it before) I have had no come-back or help from eBay....I guess they are going by the old retail 'rule' "the customer is always right".

A

Anonymous

Try something, leave positive feedback with negative remarks, just curious the outcome.

Roughwear

In certain circumstances a seller should be able to leave negative feedback, such as when the buyer doesn't pay for an item or messes the seller around such as they did to Havocpaul.

The tit for tat leaving of a negative/neutral is not justifiable. I once left neutral feedback to a seller who would not communicate, eventually he sent the item four weeks after the close of the auction and it was not as described. I left him neutral feedback with a comment about the shipping time and communications. He immediately left neutral feedback to me, yet I had done nothing wrong, just asked him several times when he planned to post the tie!

asiamiles

havocpaul said:
I have noticed more delays now with receiving payments from buyers, clearly some of them are aware they won't get bad feedback no matter what....

A friend of mine just got left negative feedback from an unpleasant sounding buyer because the item arrived damaged. My friend complained about it on an eBay forum saying this was an example of what was happening due to the recent changes re. feedback, and eBay removed his posting!

asiamiles

The dispute I mentioned earlier in this thread was today naturally decided in favour of the buyer, even though his claim from Paypal that the item was not received directly contradicted what he had told me and Paypal previously...he had actually called them and said the item had been sent to and arrived at his registered eBay address rather than his Paypal address, which was the reason for his complaint.

I have reported his action as a "Fraudulent Claim" with Paypal but doubt that will have any effect; experience tells me that they simply aren't interested in what sellers have to say. And I don't see any course of action I can take through eBay; leaving negative comments under a positive feedback does nothing for me and seems less than this individual deserves. I'm now wondering how I might somehow get back at this one Omri Moses, an employee of Concordia University in Montreal, short of flying halfway across the world and paying him "a visit". It's frankly not a big item, only $33, but seeing him "burn" for such a small sum actually would make revenge all the more sweet.

havocpaul

I had no response from paypal in my dispute with a con-man (buyer) who received the item and then did a charge-back; this is despite eBay telling me he had done this before and was under their 'investigation'. No support whatsoever from Paypal and the 'crook' is still on eBay buying and no doubt cheating honest sellers with the full backing of eBay otherwise they would have kicked him off by now....as he was across the pond it was too far to go round and have a 'chat' or even to get his local police involved, ebay suggested I should try and sue him privately!

asiamiles

Yes, you can report things to the Internet Crime Complaint Center, which is apparently part run by the FBI. I don't know how many reported crimes they receive and what they do with such minor matters, though one can't help but feel it would be just a waste of time...my time that is, while the guilty party would be totally unaffected. But wouldn't it be great to have someone investigated and arrested (thus severely disrupting their life) over such a small incident.

What you say about about eBay is most dispiriting. It's like eBay and Paypal are one when it suits them and completely seperate entities when it doesn't.

Sid Vintage

Hawkeye said:
As sellers we can not leave a red negative sign, but can we not leave a negative message in the message box when we leave the mandatory positive feedback?

Copied and pasted directly from Ebay. Note line 4 which addresses the above query. A whole whack of sellers are leaving / looking for alternate ways to sell. I can't see this situation changing under present Ebay management until another big player opens up a rival and more fairly run auction site.
Before as a seller you could spot a potential problem non payer way ahead of the game by observing feedback. Now that all buyers only get positive feedbacks means a lot more time wasted waiting around for non existent follow ups from non payers...

Feedback comments containing any of the following are not permitted:
Links or scripts.
References to eBay or PayPal investigations
Negative statements that conflict with a positive rating
Personally identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or e-mail address
Political, religious or social commentary rather than a genuine comment about the transaction
The comment, reply or follow-up references a completely separate transaction or unrelated experience
Profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language or adult material
Inflammatory language, such as "fraud, liar, cheater, scam artist, con man" etc., while strongly discouraged, will not be removed.

Peter Graham

Sid Vintage said:
Copied and pasted directly from Ebay. Note line 4 which addresses the above query. A whole whack of sellers are leaving / looking for alternate ways to sell. I can't see this situation changing under present Ebay management until another big player opens up a rival and more fairly run auction site.
Before as a seller you could spot a potential problem non payer way ahead of the game by observing feedback. Now that all buyers only get positive feedbacks means a lot more time wasted waiting around for non existent follow ups from non payers...

Links or scripts.
Personally identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or e-mail address
Political, religious or social commentary rather than a genuine comment about the transaction
The comment, reply or follow-up references a completely separate transaction or unrelated experience
Inflammatory language, such as "fraud, liar, cheater, scam artist, con man" etc., while strongly discouraged, will not be removed.
The last line completely contradicts line four.

Sid Vintage

Peter Graham said:
Sid Vintage said:

Links or scripts.

Here's how it works. A seller who pays auction / Paypal fees and thereby pays the salaries of the Ebay employees can only say nice things in feedback and also can only leave positive feedback. Even if he was extorted by a Paypal claim back fraudster or left hanging by a dead beat bidder.

A buyer on the other hand... Who does not pay Paypal and auction fees can leave a negative feedback at will and can be as damn rude as he likes thank you very much...

Quote from Mr Lydon: Ever feel you've been cheated?

asiamiles

Peter Graham said:

Indeed, so if I were to just paste "fraud, liar, cheater, scam artist, con man" into the the guy's f/b there should be no problem?! Actually I think this last line is a hangover from when the seller could leave negative f/b and eBay have forgot to delete it.

Andrew

I just sent a pm to sid vintage chasing the location of the Ebay ruling on feedback content that he quoted ^ but I don't think he still visits. If anyone else can find it pls let me know- someone just did a number 4 on me and i'd like to chat to Ebay about it.

cheers