• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Product - ELC Irvin 1944 pattern

m444uk

Roughwear said:
Yes, this black fleece Irvin is ultra rare and dates from 1941-2. Where did you get the pictures from as it has been in my collection for a couple of years now?

I can't remember where the pics came from. I've been saving photos on photobucket for some years of unusual jackets.
The pics might be from a black Irvin discussion on an previous forum.
It's possible the jacket went through Ken Calder's hands at some point but I can't remember.
Hundreds of Irvins were sold through his battersea shop.

I've been trying to find some pics of an gray fleck shaggy Irvin I saw in camden market. The fleece was undyed and not trimed or combed. A very rough looking jacket almost kaftan.

BTW. have you ever seen a chequer board jackets like this ? Pics from a recent ebay listing

11821f.jpg

11821g.jpg

John Lever

Cliff, welcome to my world. That jacket was the peak of Eastman's time as far as RAF jackets are concerned. I wonder how many jackets there are just stuck waiting in cupboards, never worn, just waiting to be given a new life ?

Cliff

Oh John ....... don't tease me now !!!!! :lol: A size 48 in a trunk or cupboard belonging to a little old widow that just wants to get rid of it as "its sure to have fleas" !!!!! "No No, please, I want no money, just take it young man"!! I said "young" cos it's my dream !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: