• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW EASTMAN PERRY SPORTSWEAR B-3

John Lever

Roughwear said:
Now had John been at last weekend's Autumn air show he could have seen the B-3 in the flesh and placed his order then and there.

BTW. I'm still waiting to meet John at an air show. :)
I hope to trade my brand new B-6 [ didn't suit me] for the B-3, size 42.
Andrew I used to go to air shows in the 60's when Lightnings and Vulcans used to fly over the crowd at 50 feet....

Roughwear

So you traded the B-6 with Gary plus some cash for the B-3? Smart move! Hopefully when we see your review of the jacket the publicity should be good for ELC.

Roughwear

horseback leader said:
Is an Aero B3 in the pipeline?

If you mean are ELC going to make a repro of an Aero B-3, then I doubt it as the rights to the Aero name are held by Aero in Scotland. Those B-3s made by Aero in Scotland are considered inferior repros compared with ELC ones and John Lever is a very discerning collector! Gary told me that he plans to make further elite unit A2s, but there was no mention of further original maker B-3s.

John Lever

Roughwear said:
horseback leader said:

If you mean are ELC going to make a repro of an Aero B-3, then I doubt it as the rights to the Aero name are held by Aero in Scotland. Those B-3s made by Aero in Scotland are considered inferior repros compared with ELC ones and John Lever is a very discerning collector! Gary told me that he plans to make further elite unit A2s, but there was no mention of further original maker B-3s.
Not sure about the Aero issue as The Few have made made one.

Roughwear

John Lever said:
Roughwear said:
horseback leader said:

Not sure about the Aero issue as The Few have made made one.

If you remember Eastman had to drop the Aero name on one of their repro A2s because of a legal case with Aero. I'm sure Gary would not want a repeat. John Chapman also does not use Aero on his A2 labels to avoid any problems with Aero. Perhaps The Few came to some financial arrangement with Aero.

RCSignals

I wondered how it worked as there is a clothing company Aero NY that has 'Aero' all over their shirts etc. I don't think they are connected to Aero in Scotland at all.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RCSignals said:
I wondered how it worked as there is a clothing company Aero NY that has 'Aero' all over their shirts etc. I don't think they are connected to Aero in Scotland at all.

That's Aéropostale, they're always turning up in my Aero search.

RCSignals

deeb7 said:
RCSignals said:

That's Aéropostale, they're always turning up in my Aero search.

I thought Aero NY and Aéropostale Were two different companies.