• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aeronautical from Aero - in Petrol Blue hide

Smithy

soshe said:
ButteMT61 said:
That A-1 was what seemed to start the whole "blue" thing.

Apparently, no it wasn't...... ;)

See here:

http://www.classicleatheranddenim.com

Sorry Majormajor but Aero/Levis weren't the first either. You can see blue leather jackets back even in the 50s and 60s mostly in relation to motor/cycle racing.

The assumption is that the "recent" (think over the last month or two) rush for blue leather jackets is because of The Few jacket. Aero, BK et al hadn't even mentioned or talked about producing a blue leather jacket until people got excited by posts of that A-1 by The Few.

soshe

Smithy said:
Sorry Majormajor but Aero/Levis weren't the first either. You can see blue leather jackets back even in the 50s and 60s mostly in relation to motor/cycle racing.

The assumption is that the "recent" (think over the last month or two) rush for blue leather jackets is because of The Few jacket. Aero, BK et al hadn't even mentioned or talked about producing a blue leather jacket until people got excited by posts of that A-1 by The Few.

I don't think Majormajor said that. If you read it, it says the LVC was a repro of a 30's speedway jacket ;)

ButteMT61

soshe said:
Smithy said:

I don't think Majormajor said that. If you read it, it says the LVC was a repro of a 30's speedway jacket ;)

What I meant was the recent - as in last month or so - interest in blue jackets on TFL/VLJ. I know blue jackets aren't new for cryin' out loud.

Smithy

ButteMT61 said:
soshe said:
Smithy said:

What I meant was the recent - as in last month or so - interest in blue jackets on TFL/VLJ. I know blue jackets aren't new for cryin' out loud.

Thanks Butte, that's exactly what I was going to say!

And isn't Soshe just Majormajor with a new user name :?

Andrew

"You think you can catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like that comes this close to getting caught and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything, it will be to get rid of me. After that... my guess is you'll never hear from him again."

unclegrumpy

I have seen WW II, actually pre WW II, Luftwaffe flight jackets that were very a dark blue, and then the French Air Force wore blue leather for a long time....and maybe still does.

kiltie

Do a Google image search for Blue Leather Jacket.
There are a LOT of them out there; pretty trendy. Pics-o-plenty of them on movie stars, "musicians", celeb types. There's money to be made, and most of the makers represented on this forum and elsewhere aren't just making jackets for the members. I think it's nearsighted at best to think that makers are falling all over each other because of one jacket shown on a forum somewhere. The folks mentioned above, from Michigan Ave, Rodeo Drive, London, Milan, etc... aren't scrambling to catch up with The Few. It's the other way around.
Moreover, in my humble opinion, the makers represented heavily on this forum ought to focus on their military jackets and more traditionally styled and dyed retro jackets. Well, Aero gets a pass on that, I guess, since they were making jackets for Jimi Hendrix and the like, but whatever...