• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New A2

Holty

Ok just had a look at the thumb nails . Definitely not trying to cause concern but how do you feel about your sleeve length ? They look a little short when you extend your arms. The sleeves of an A2 have a tendency to shrink up about 3/4 inch due to creasing over time . If you weren’t aware of it it might surprise you over time.
edit …… ok looked at your arms down photos . The sleeves look better in those photos . Must just look short when you extend like that.
It feels small in the length, across the back and the sleeves feel short. It rides up over the waistband of my jeans too. I think I might have to sell it on. It's SO nice though!

Kermit3D

Ok I looked a little fast. The body may look a little short... but I'm not even sure.

The height of the waist of the pants matters a lot.

Kermit3D

If I may, I would advise you to tuck the T-sirt into the pants and try it with high waisted pants. Also, take pictures with a little more distance to see how it works with your pants.

If it helps, here's my A-2 fit. With my arms at my sides, my sleeves look the same length as yours. In the picture I am wearing high waisted pants.

DSC_0220.jpg

B-Man2

Yep … The sizing thing is something that we all struggled with at one time or another …… but …. Most of us have found a solution..,,,,,,
We own multiple A2’s ;)
One that we wear with just a T-shirt that looks pretty cool, one that we can layer under in cold weather and one that we just can’t live without because we just like the way it looks ………. We told ya this place is a “Mad house “;)

Greg Gale

I think it's a perfect fit! A-2s are meant to be like this. A tad short in the body, and sleeves riding up a bit. Check the photo below. If you go for a size large enough that the back length would go well with modern jeans, and the sleeves wouldn't ride up, then the rest of the jacket would fit like a tent. Keep it, and wear the heck out of it.

As said above, pull your jeans higher a bit, and/ or tuck your t-shirt in.

amPEmQX_460s.jpg

Flightengineer

It fits well for my taste. It's just that you're wearing modern low-rise jeans. In addition, the photos were taken from a low angle.
If it's comfy for you, I'd keep this jacket and look for other pants for it, as others have advised here.
Size up can give a baggy effect.
However, the final decision is of course yours.

Micawber

Looks good to me.
The arms appear fine when relaxed, sleeves will ride up a little with wear but will inevitably seem short with your arms hyper extended.
Get some high waisted trousers and become accustomed to wearing them as they will likely feel a little strange at first. Low rise jeans usually don't work well with short bodied jackets such as th A-2 and will give the impression that the jacket is too short. Keep the trousers pulled up to avoid the above and that saggy arsed look ....and please tuck your shirt in ;) :)

blackrat2

Hi Lee
Looks a nice jacket you’ve got there..looking at your jeans they are certainly worn the “modern” way…Low slung on your hips
Depending on the cut of jeans you prefer, either hike them up or look at some of the older style cuts of jeans that are out there
LVC, TCB and even places like Bronson do some higher waisted jeans
If you flick through this site there is a couple of denim threads running now, which might be of some help?!
Overall the fit looks nice to my eye, I very rarely have my A2 zipped shut much higher than pocket height, I will loosen out a bit as you wear it
I would give it sometime before you flip it and see how you feel once the leather moulds to you a bit …as everyone says, the “fit thing” is all over the place

bn1966

Love your jacket and the fit. Since coming here I’ve now got into the higher waisted jeans thing and short fitted jackets have always been a love of mine. Looking at another A-2 later this month and I certainly don’t want it long and baggy. Also one advantage of the higher waisted denim is that your shirt stands a better chance of staying tucked in. Another change is that I don’t go untucked any more either,

Smithy

Nothing wrong with that bad boy!

Everyone's first A-2 results in "this doesn't f#%king fit!" even if it's the right fit because A-2s are very different from more modern fitting jackets.

My advice? Stop worrying, start wearing the shit out of it, and start saving up for the next one ;)

ButteMT61

I hadn't owned an A-2 in years after having a bunch of them. Just got one last December and it was weird as the pits are higher than other jackets and it's not comfortable for a while. I came here and asked the guys for advice as I've been away from A-2's. They're right. If you like it, don't matter what we think. We all ask this - it's normal. But really, the joy is yours to have or not have, and we're only here to help you as best as we can.

PS - A-2's in particular look like shit with a shirt untucked. It's one of the things I don't like about them. They just look sloppy otherwise.

Brettafett

Lee, its all you.
Opinions and perspectives on fit and appearances differ from person to person.
In the end it you who has to wear it.

Is it comfortable to wear?
Yes, it will likely loosen up with wear. Yes, it will shorten slightly in time, especially the sleeves. Will you be ok with that?

If the fit/ feel bothers you, in my very humble experience, that doesn't go away... you'll likely not wear it. Im in that situation with my ELC Monarch.
Best to move it on while its still 'new'... Maybe Andy will expedite another. Just saying.
(if you do choose to let it go, make sure to take detailed measurements, and as silly as it sounds, write down some comments on fit. Fit is very subjective...)

This par for the course. Almost everyone on this from has been through multiple jackets, before they nailed their 'Goldilocks's Zone"...
I waited a year and half for a GW that didn't fit well... And you can see Kernits amazing Dubow (above) that used to be mine, but it felt a touch roomy. Wasn't getting worn. Now it gets true loving ;)
Point being, these are the hard lessons. But it ends well...