• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Brettafett

@Dany McDonald Faithful in detailing as far as Im aware. Really just a cm here, a cm there, especially in the sleeves.

@Greg Gale v1 was mine, but came up a bit big. Thats the one that sold recently on his sale page.

THE ZIPPER
talon_zipper.jpg

blackrat2

Latest for me from JC a nice rendition of a goat Dubow
We don’t see much in the way of goat A-2’s and having seen a couple posted, Jan in particular I thought I would go for it.
Couldn’t be happier with the fit and choice of hardware, the leather is amazing stuff for sure.
Gone combat clone again! and so glad johns up for a challenge as I really asked him to go all out on this one.
3f62dc7e-dacb-4ea2-bc1e-08df9c19c597.jpeg

The new knits are really a step up which is good for us as “customers “…it’s great to see he is always looking to push the bar further

Wz1999

We don’t see much in the way of goat A-2’s and having seen a couple posted, Jan in particular I thought I would go for it.
Couldn’t be happier with the fit and choice of hardware, the leather is amazing stuff for sure.
Gone combat clone again! and so glad johns up for a challenge as I really asked him to go all out on this one.View attachment 129181
The new knits are really a step up which is good for us as “customers “…it’s great to see he is always looking to push the bar further
Great looking Dubow! Perfect fit! Congrats!!

Z

Pa12

Gone combat clone again! and so glad johns up for a challenge as I really asked him to go all out on this one.View attachment 129181
I actually sent my 23380 to John for knit replacements last summer. Showed me pictures of the “new knits” he’s very impressed with them. My jacket is supposed to arrive today. I know there’s others who do knit replacements but I figured, what the hell,who better than the guy who built it.;)

Capt

All you lucky people with the GW’s they all look like an original.

I know the delivery is 12 months plus, but does anyone know how long JC takes to actually construct (sewing machine bit) an A2 for example once he has all the specific materials for a certain design? Also is the long delivery part of obtaining the specific materials would anyone know?

mulceber

Just reading between the lines from having chatted with him, an A-2 or G-1 takes somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-2 days, once he has the materials. Then, factor in...
  • do-overs when a jacket doesn't fit, or the client isn't happy with it.
  • test jackets - John's constantly working on his skills, researching the way different companies made the jackets, and the like, so he's regularly trying out new patterns or new materials on a test jacket. These then get sold off on the sales page, unless John had someone in mind who might like it and comes to an agreement to make it for them.
  • general time spent researching new skills, like how to convert unusable zippers into usable ones, how to get a particular effect on a hide, etc.
There might be some other things that create a long wait time, but those are the ones that I know of.

Pa12

Just reading between the lines from having chatted with him, an A-2 or G-1 takes somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-2 days, once he has the materials. Then, factor in...
  • do-overs when a jacket doesn't fit, or the client isn't happy with it.
  • test jackets - John's constantly working on his skills, researching the way different companies made the jackets, and the like, so he's regularly trying out new patterns or new materials on a test jacket. These then get sold off on the sales page, unless John had someone in mind who might like it and comes to an agreement to make it for them.
  • general time spent researching new skills, like how to convert unusable zippers into usable ones, how to get a particular effect on a hide, etc.
There might be some other things that create a long wait time, but those are the ones that I know of.
I’m sure just demand alone plays a big part.