• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Brettafett

It's funny, a RW wasn't on my radar, was quite happy with my Kelso. But through a strange course of events, I've landed this, and it's so good in every way.
The blackened Talon is bad-ass and that, along with this being tagged a 1671, makes it special.
The leather is quite supple, lots of grain, fits great and I do love this combo of seal and mid brown bits. It appears rather 'Great Ecapey,' unintenionally.

ZuZu

It's funny, a RW wasn't on my radar, was quite happy with my Kelso. But through a strange course of events, I've landed this, and it's so good in every way.
The blackened Talon is bad-ass and that, along with this being tagged a 1671, makes it special.
The leather is quite supple, lots of grain, fits great and I do love this combo of seal and mid brown bits. It appears rather 'Great Ecapey,' unintenionally.
Sorry to keep gushing- the other great thing about a jacket like this is that you don't have to "beat the shit out of it"or "wear it like hell"' to have it look good. Realistic right out of the box.

Kermit3D

Arrived yesterday. GW RW1671. Yes, grail jackets do exist ;)
View attachment 125671
Wow... here we are.
What a beauty ! The cut and fit are outstanding. o_O

It's definitely the/your Holy Grail.
What are you going to do now ? No more chasing perfection. ;)

I love my Dubow Bill Kelso. I know you're a Bill Kelso fan... but I'd like to know how much better this GW A-2 is than the BKs A-2 you've owned.

Brettafett

@saucerfiend Brian, it's John recently procured Italian HH. I understand it's the same as on the russet Bronco he recently sold.

@Kermit3D The BK RW and Dubow are also grail jackets and right up there. But John's jackets are, well... Top of the podium with BK and ELC to the left & right.
I'll post some side-by-side pics one day.
As @ZuZu says, just that level of microscopic detail, no one else can do.
I'd love a Dubow from John, and a Monarch, and a Doniger.... But first, perhaps a Bronco!

ZuZu

@saucerfiend Brian, it's John recently procured Italian HH. I understand it's the same as on the russet Bronco he recently sold.

@Kermit3D The BK RW and Dubow are also grail jackets and right up there. But John's jackets are, well... Top of the podium with BK and ELC to the left & right.
I'll post some side-by-side pics one day.
As @ZuZu says, just that level of microscopic detail, no one else can do.
I'd love a Dubow from John, and a Monarch, and a Doniger.... But first, perhaps a Bronco!
The Bronco is so tempting. Longish body, sqaurish shoulders...Check out the Broncos in this video:

Mr. Mike

That jacket is just a dream Brett so congrats so much! Just out of curiosity - is that the one John had on his Sales Items page or did you explicitly order it and therefore went for an 42L (I recall that your Platon Dubow had extra lenght when this was still afforded by Platon, if I remember correctly). Anyhow - it is just an amazing jacket made to fit for you o_O

Mr. Mike

Yes, that was v1 and came up a bit big. This v2 fits perfect.
Someones got my jacket's sister and likely loving life as much as I am.
Thanks a lot for the prompt feedback Brett! If you find some time it would really be cool if you could share the measurements of v2. Would be indeed helpful to understand what made the trick with V2 then. Btw - did your v2 of the Knopf also already arrived or is it still in the baking (please excuse in case I missed out on an earlier thread)

Brettafett

Thanks all, another happy GW customer.

I'll do one of those reviews down the line with more pics, and @Mr. Mike Ill post measurements there of this particular jacket.
The v1 RW was a bit larger, more like a 44. This v2 fits perfect, like my BK RW and also has a bit of length on the sleeves.
I can lift my arms and theres no nasty pull up to elbows. I think the suppleness of the hide helps here also.

No Knopf v2 Im afraid. I elected to send John my BK RW to be able to check for dimensions. This worked well in the end.
I'd recommend doing this, although it does add costs of postage, but it takes any guesswork out of the build.

Dany McDonald

I elected to send John my BK RW to be able to check for dimensions. This worked well in the end.
I'd recommend doing this, although it does add costs of postage, but it takes any guesswork out of the build.

Very good advice, especially at this price and wait time. Not a lot really when considering your get a tailored jacket that fits from the get go, no bad surprises and deception.

Beautiful shade, love the dark brown and knits contrast. That skin is amazing, I can imagine how nice it's going to age!!!

Can I ask if you stayed faithful to the contract in its details or there's a bit of interpretation here and there...

D