• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

ButteMT61

Im wondering if thats not the jacket being worn by David Oyelowo of Red tails 'fame'... Could be a Bronco also...
I say its a Sheeplined, because of the pocket flaps. They appear a bit longer/ larger and less scalloped than the Bronco.
Collar has a bit more of an extended tip also...
(John made all the 'hero' A-2s for the movie)
JC would know, but I can see your point - hard to tell from my seat as the pockets are so similar on both. My son picked the United to get so JC better get the dust off of that pattern! :)

Mr. Mike

I'm easy either way and not fussed.

I'm just chuffed how many people jumped on this thread and expanded it and made it their own in terms of their GW wants, wishes and orders and discussing all the options. I initially made the thread purely to state that after all these years of fart-arsing about I'd finally put my $200 down for the maker I should have done 15 years ago, but I love how others have embraced it to tell about their own GW "journey" and to swap ideas and thoughts.
After this wearisome search for the Holy Grail I consider the notion of "hopefully my last A-2" as a fair reflection of our hope to get there soon :cool: .

mulceber

Yeah, I'm fond of the current title. Anything we might change it to would only be less interesting, imo. As for the question of stickying...well, I'd say yes, but the VLJ generally doesn't seem to sticky many things. If the "What Jacket are you Wearing Today" thread hasn't been stickied yet, I can't imagine there's much hope for this thread. :rolleyes:

ButteMT61

Yeah, I'm fond of the current title. Anything we might change it to would only be less interesting, imo. As for the question of stickying...well, I'd say yes, but the VLJ generally doesn't seem to sticky many things. If the "What Jacket are you Wearing Today" thread hasn't been stickied yet, I can't imagine there's much hope for this thread. :rolleyes:
Agree, and it's about GW jackets specifically, so leave 'er alone!

stanier

Occasionally i drop by this thread and one thing that just came top of mind is when Tim or anyone get their jacket they will be very happy, BUT I doubt it would be anyone's last, especially if they love vintage jackets. Not because there'll be something to improve (for the contract and size selected there won't be) but because you have one Good Wear and the possibility of another will grab your imagination... just sayin'.....

Lord Flashheart

Maybe the new thread title should be:

My last (...for now) A-2 (confirmed) - Good Wear (pic heavy) ?

Reading back through the thread I realise I may have neglected to mention I got on the bus for one of Johns Star Sportswear's. I'm fairly* sure that I won't change my mind about the contract because I really like the cut of my ELC Star.

*But then again ... [ahem]