• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

ausreenactor

Guys, this is one of the most harmful threads on the forum. I try to rarely read it, cause it may end with an order.

boys-in-front-of-a-christmas-shop-window-1947-in-montrouge-france-picture-id483294098

Seriously, it is interesting to learn the nuances and details of contracts discussed here
Pay the deposit or two and focus more as the months tick over...

Smithy

Can’t wait to see this thread really kick off when these jackets arrive
Perhaps rename it as a dedicated GW thread…I think it’s been suggested before

If there's a popular consensus to make this a/the dedicated GW thread that's fine by me. Maybe a show of hands to pass the motion?

Just one thing, can I still change the thread title after all this time or do we require John to do it?

Lord Flashheart

I suspect you'll be timed out to edit it even if you could (and I'm not sure you can) but John probably could. Of course there's a few of us all of different journeys here so I think you've time of your side about that decision.

And if you'd like a vote - sounds sensible to me though I thought the title was actually fine ... at the risk of being shot down - is this more a "should it be a sticky" question?

Smithy

I suspect you'll be timed out to edit it even if you could (and I'm not sure you can) but John probably could. Of course there's a few of us all of different journeys here so I think you've time of your side about that decision.

And if you'd like a vote - sounds sensible to me though I thought the title was actually fine ... at the risk of being shot down - is this more a "should it be a sticky" question?

I'm easy either way and not fussed.

I'm just chuffed how many people jumped on this thread and expanded it and made it their own in terms of their GW wants, wishes and orders and discussing all the options. I initially made the thread purely to state that after all these years of fart-arsing about I'd finally put my $200 down for the maker I should have done 15 years ago, but I love how others have embraced it to tell about their own GW "journey" and to swap ideas and thoughts.

blackrat2

Your shout Smithy..maybe a separate thread could be created now for folks with GW’s..some nice pics and details may help people “on there journey” to see what’s out there, how the different contracts look that kind of thing
I would kick it off but am GW free currently before anyone asks lol

Bremspropeller

Any comments in the United Sheeplined pattern fit? Asking for a friend...

It's amazing how far the idea of "what do I actually want" can be set adrift over time :D

Brettafett

Im actually looking at that as an alt to a Bronco.
Why? Dunno.
Im wondering if thats not the jacket being worn by David Oyelowo of Red tails 'fame'... Could be a Bronco also...
I say its a Sheeplined, because of the pocket flaps. They appear a bit longer/ larger and less scalloped than the Bronco.
Collar has a bit more of an extended tip also...
(John made all the 'hero' A-2s for the movie)
red_tails_movie_image_02L.jpg

Last edited: