• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My GW doniger has been shipped! - photos added 01/01/'09

srivats

Re: My GW doniger has been shipped!

blackrat2 said:
Congrats on getting the Doniger, i have one and they are superb, especially after a few months of use, like you say the leather is superb as is the finnish.
Has anyone thought of doing a thread of JC'S jackets after a few months of use...kinda like a reunion of what everyone has got...i would love to give it a bash but am rubbish on these things. It would be a nice place for some reference shots of the jackets and there wear.

That is a brilliant idea ... we should start a new thread for JC's jackets.

Roughwear

srivats said:
blackrat2 said:
Congrats on getting the Doniger, i have one and they are superb, especially after a few months of use, like you say the leather is superb as is the finnish.
Has anyone thought of doing a thread of JC'S jackets after a few months of use...kinda like a reunion of what everyone has got...i would love to give it a bash but am rubbish on these things. It would be a nice place for some reference shots of the jackets and there wear.

That is a brilliant idea ... we should start a new thread for JC's jackets.

Has anyone thought of asking John for his opinion on this?

greyhound52

Andrew,
I did that back in the olden days of the previous forum. I think it would be a great idea as it would be one place for all things GW for people to go to. Also, we could do one for RMNZ, ELC etc. We are always getting questions on various companies and it would be great to have one stop shopping so to speak.

Grant

Andrew, many of us here are collectors of originals that are "rare historical survivors with documented history". I was pointing out the fact that the current goatskins that John is using are virtually identical to the goatskins of many originals.

Grant

airfrogusmc

Grant said:
Andrew, many of us here are collectors of originals that are "rare historical survivors with documented history". I was pointing out the fact that the current goatskins that John is using are virtually identical to the goatskins of many originals.

Grant

I agree. Its really nice goat.

Roughwear

greyhound52 said:
Andrew,
I did that back in the olden days of the previous forum. I think it would be a great idea as it would be one place for all things GW for people to go to. Also, we could do one for RMNZ, ELC etc. We are always getting questions on various companies and it would be great to have one stop shopping so to speak.

I actually think its a great idea too.

Roughwear

Grant said:

Grant

Thanks for the clarification,Grant. I agree JC uses goatskin which is the closest one is going to get today to Wartime goatskin. His Donigers are great repros.

srivats

Just back from my trip to NM ... I wore my doniger all along, and it was awesome ... I have a boatload of photos, will post them soon ...

jacketimp

srivats said:
Just back from my trip to NM ... I wore my doniger all along, and it was awesome ... I have a boatload of photos, will post them soon ...

a few pics will be great, not a boatload..............

srivats

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

veli1

Yep I like your doniger too, nice very nice jacket congratulation. So,you ordered sz 42? if i may ask, what's your body measurements, height and weight please?

veli1

srivats,by the way is your doniger "tailored" to your own specifications or is it GW "off the rack" size 42?Thanks

greyhound52

Great looking Doniger. Fits just like my original. John has that pattern down pat. Wear it in good health this coming year. Hey the patch looks great too.

srivats

veli1, I sent you a detailed PM ...

greyhound52 said:
Great looking Doniger. Fits just like my original. John has that pattern down pat. Wear it in good health this coming year. Hey the patch looks great too.

Thank you! The patch is a original, btw ...

jacketimp

srivats said:
veli1, I sent you a detailed PM ...

greyhound52 said:

Thank you! The patch is a original, btw ...

wow.......VERY sharp............and i don't mean just the collar points..........

Roughwear

Your Doniger is an excellent wartime fit-spot on. There is enough room for movement. You must be very pleased indeed.

srivats

^ Andrew, "pleased" would be an understatement :) I was literally giddly when I wore it for the first time and saw the fit ... This is the best jacket I've owned!

Grant

The fit looks spot on, congratulations! The collar points, however, look strangely long and out of proportion compared to original Doningers and other repros I've seen. Could this be because they are folded down flat? Just curious.

srivats

Grant said:
The fit looks spot on, congratulations! The collar points, however, look strangely long and out of proportion compared to original Doningers and other repros I've seen. Could this be because they are folded down flat? Just curious.

Grant, you are absolutely right ... I have the collars folded down flat just to display the pointed collars better - think collars in early 80s "disco" movies :)