• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-41 HBT jacket and trousers, Bronson’s

Erwin

Hmm, I have a 1968 M65 original which is in such a great condition that I don't dare to wear it because I don't want to spoil it, so a repro as a all day beater could be an option
Try to enjoy and wear it [especially if it is in good condition]. I say a massive no to any military reproductions that imitate genuine contract items, just don't like this idea at all. It is like a fake watch etc. A copy, even a good one is only an imitation, without any historical value. That's why I don't like reproductions [especially these badly replicated, like this DSA-1-8666].

Enigma1938

Try to enjoy and wear it [especially if it is in good condition]. I say a massive no to any military reproductions that imitate genuine contract items, just don't like this idea at all. It is like a fake watch etc. A copy, even a good one is only an imitation, without any historical value. That's why I don't like reproductions [especially these badly replicated, like this DSA-1-8666].
Interesting point of view.
Well I'm not only a guy who likes wearing vintage jackets, I'm a collector also and one of my themes is vietnam war gear, so I want to preserve this M65 cause I'll probably never find one that nice again.

Erwin

Well I'm not only a guy who likes wearing vintage jackets, I'm a collector also and one of my themes is vietnam war gear, so I want to preserve this M65 cause I'll probably never find one that nice again.
Very nice, collecting genuine items is a cool hobby, fully agree with You, that genuine pieces are great, especially when used.

OK, looks like I started drifting off-topic here... Just to finish, in my opinion, this DSA-1-8666 is an ugly attempt to replicate this fantastic and very rare third contract of the one of earliest m65.

Shanghai-Mayne

Just for the zipper, china made Talon is relatively cheap, if Bronson want to improve his product radically, and order period correct brand and type of zipper, only source available is Japanese manufacturer, as result they double up the price.

Erwin

The wrong zipper is not the main issue here, looks like this company didn't even check pictures of DSA-1-8666 available on some collector's forums dedicated to m65.

Shanghai-Mayne

Finally, they starting use better zipper (Japanese made Univeral) , on their new piles lined vest.

IMG_7611.jpeg
IMG_7610.jpeg
IMG_7609.jpeg

Thomas Koehle

i recently purchased a pair of jacket and pants in selvadge denim at BRONSON for a reasonable price - jacket70 bucks - pants 63 bucks

the quality is surprisingly good and i'm highly satisifed with both the service (BRONSON sent a reminder after the order to eventually size up due to the difference in asian vs american/european sizing) - shipping time was less 1 week and free

will send some fitpics during the week

gopOSJx.jpg

EP0ecvV.jpg

i think they run "black friday" this weekend

Shanghai-Mayne

Jacket received, it Is light weight twill fabric, suppose to be good for summer and early autumn, I would check carefully tomorrow under sunlight.