• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks Like AVI is Back in the Game!

B-Man2

That's what I think, and to add a precision, I've got a civilian leather jacket that is a bit to big for me, that I wear for winter, it's comfy and warm but the loose look is not so good according to me... The size 40 made me feel a bit the same, even if it was not as loose as my civilian jacket. This is one of the reasons why I tend to prefer a more fitted jacket.

I also like a lot the way pilots wearing original wore their jackets, like a lot of member here. But some pilots seems to have worn snug jackets too, and I found it great this way too.

For example I found theses pictures were the pilot on the left wears a quite trim jacket compared to the 2 other men (wearing G1 I guess, these Sea Knights helicopters are from the 60's if I'm not wrong) and I found it great :
View attachment 75031
View attachment 75032
His jacket is very damaged compared to the two other guys by the way !

And on this picture, even if the pilot is wearing his parachute, the jacket seems to be fitter than other ones worn during war time :
View attachment 75033
I see the same folds around the zipper on my jacket, and I like the fit too. This photo is beautiful BTW.

I find arguments for the trim fit and read yours for the loose fit, and choice was hard.
I guess the moral of the story is that I'm going to need other jackets of different types and sizes, so no more worrying about whether I made the right choice or not! :D

Sorry for the long story, I go back to wear the heck out of my jacket inside, the storm outside is a bit to much for a brand new jacket !
(but I really like that we can have that of discussion here ;)).
Hi Pierre
Interesting discussion .
Congrats on your new jacket .
Here’s something to keep in mind.
I’ve found that over time , the jackets will stretch just a little in the shoulders, not a lot but just a little bit , while the arms will crease up and shorten just a little. The jacket will eventually mold to your body but you have to wear it a lot, in all types of weather and use it like you would any other jacket or piece of clothing . In time you will have the jacket you will really enjoy wearing .
Cheers

pierregloom

Some more pics inside with electric light : the grain of this leather is great, and that furr, love these nuances ! :cool:

IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

Did I mentioned I already love it??? :D

B-Man2

Sounds like you guys are very happy with your jackets and are really enjoying them.
May I suggest that : Take a bunch of photos of your jackets now that they are new,
( you’ve both pretty much done that ) and complete your new reviews of them .
In one year from now take a bunch of photos of your jackets and then do a 1 year follow up review with your impressions/ suggestions, likes and dislikes about the jackets . Things like what you love about them and what developed that may have changed your mind … such as zippers or collars etc . I’ve always found the 1 year reviews to be very helpful and informative.
Just a suggestion .

Last edited:

pierregloom

Great idea ! I will measure my jacket too, and it may help someone who wants to know if the measurements on the webshop are the same with what you receive. If there's sun or good natural light tomorrow I wanted to take close pictures of the jacket.

Brettafett

Broken record - But I've been wearing mine almost everyday the last 2 weeks.
I have started experimenting with the paint project on some sample leather bits, but not yet happy with how its working out...