• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's see your old Eastman RAF jackets

John Lever

MultiPanelledRAFJacket.jpg

MultiPanelledRAFJacket2.jpg

John Lever

Roughwear said:
Very nice late War jacket John. BTW when was it made by ELC?
Unfortunately not mine and unlikely ever to be...
It is an absolute killer, I offer the owner £500, but no joy.

John Lever

Some bloke on the interweb....
I'll try to find out when it was made, I suspect it comes from Eastman's 'Red' period about 5 years ago. It looks like a mouton collar special.

Isisllc

Shiloh:

I noted the prayer flags in the background of your picture and have to ask where you were. It's probably a long shot, but it looks much like outside of the Tibetan Museum in Gangtok.

Thanks

John Lever

Here's an older jacket. The cuffs were bald so Gary has re-trimmed them in RW B-3 sheepskin, the closest match.
EastmanRAF001.jpg

EastmanRAF012.jpg

EastmanRAF004.jpg

EastmanRAF011.jpg

The actual colour is somewhere between the two. It has a slightly waxy coating which I haven't seen before.

better duck

Let the pictures speak for themselves. Ordered April 1990, collected it in person May 1990, photos taken ca 2006:

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

fleet16b

rich said:
I cheated a bit with this one Andrew, I had help from John Lever and his nefarious washing machine technique - it works a treat.

"washing machine technique" ????

What is this all about . I must have missed this if it was discussed in another thread.
Can anyone elaborate ?

Fleet16b ( the curious)

fleet16b

Thanks David

The process sounds a bit scary to me :shock:
Not sure if I would attempt this with my ELC B of B Irvin