• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather military vests

dinomartino1

large_000000-2.jpg

large_000000-4.jpg

large_NA_006607_1.jpg

large_000000.jpg

large_000000-3.jpg

asiamiles

I have an original I'm willing to let go of. I love the look of them on some people but it just doesn't suit me. Feel free to message me.
I'll post pics and measurements later.

John Lever

JonnyCrow

Steve
I remember seeing a photo of you wearing a repro of one of these while working around your home. Where did you purchase that one and how do you like the accuracy and quality of it . I know you’ve had originals in the past and was wondering what repro you would recommend . Was it a Kay Canvas one?
Kay Canvas not heard that in a while, they used to make a decent Denison smock also

Micawber

Steve
I remember seeing a photo of you wearing a repro of one of these while working around your home. Where did you purchase that one and how do you like the accuracy and quality of it . I know you’ve had originals in the past and was wondering what repro you would recommend . Was it a Kay Canvas one?

Yes it is a Kay Canvas one Burt, it's Buffalo hide with a blanket lining which makes it quite weighty but it suits my needs better that way. There are a number of repro's available over here but all much of a muchness from what I can see, Silvermans do one in cowhide but with a poly cotton lining which I suppose would make it suitable for lighter wear. As a garment they are pretty basic with just detail differences between the First and Second World War versions. Modern zipped British military examples in green leather can be picked up in surplus places over here as cheap as chips.

JonnyCrow

Yes it is a Kay Canvas one Burt, it's Buffalo hide with a blanket lining which makes it quite weighty but it suits my needs better that way. There are a number of repro's available over here but all much of a muchness from what I can see, Silvermans do one in cowhide but with a poly cotton lining which I suppose would make it suitable for lighter wear. As a garment they are pretty basic with just detail differences between the First and Second World War versions. Modern zipped British military examples in green leather can be picked up in surplus places over here as cheap as chips.
Steve correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there post war ones in false leather? I know ATS and fanys had them as well

JonnyCrow

I've seen the Belgian ones but then the Belgies had pretty much what we had including denisons and para lids