• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather military vests

CombatWombat

I've just been looking for a leather "military vest" like the British commonwealth militaries used in WW 1-2
Unfortunately I keep finding plasticky Chinese reproductions.
Does anyone know what they were actually called

Shanghai-Mayne

Jerkin is the name.
there was good Chinese brand offering their vision made with Horween HH

IMG_5115.jpeg

CombatWombat

Jerkin

SOF do a repro;
Ahhh a jerkin!
And Kay canvas are a marvellous company (got quite a few items from them in the past that are quality)

CombatWombat

@2BM2K @Shanghai-Mayne
Thanks for the help with what they are called
I ended up getting a lovely looking Belgian jerkin for my mannequin (went with it since its leather and doesn't look like a patchjob the British ones seem to be)
And then found a black reproduction (seller said it was unique to the Tank Corp, which doesn't sound too far fetched with their black "Sam Browne" belts and other leather accessories)

Shanghai-Mayne

@2BM2K @Shanghai-Mayne
Thanks for the help with what they are called
I ended up getting a lovely looking Belgian jerkin for my mannequin (went with it since its leather and doesn't look like a patchjob the British ones seem to be)
And then found a black reproduction (seller said it was unique to the Tank Corp, which doesn't sound too far fetched with their black "Sam Browne" belts and other leather accessories)
good luck for your purchase, wish it is a good one.
For me it is a personal experience that I can't type Mandarin or Cantonese which makes shopping a tad hard
Always have risk to do business on internet, wherever the seller based or came from, they simply won’t Tell you all truth.

Micawber

1940's British military jerkins. Until the introduction of high viz this and that ex military jerkins were a cheap item that was staple wear for refuse collectors, labourers, and such like for decades. Originals have gone up in value and are treated as collectables. The Kay Canvas repro jerkins are good but there are a number of other sources in the UK too.

JonnyCrow

1940's British military jerkins. Until the introduction of high viz this and that ex military jerkins were a cheap item that was staple wear for refuse collectors, labourers, and such like for decades. Originals have gone up in value and are treated as collectables. The Kay Canvas repro jerkins are good but there are a number of other sources in the UK too.
Silvermans uk have decent ones Steve