• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Done Did It...

jschare

Well... I done did it this week. I talked to John Chapman, pulled the trigger and placed an order. John is doing a new Aero jacket; the 18775-P contract and that's what I'm getting. He said he was redoing the label as well and changing the company name on the label to "Acme Leather Clothing Company". Here is a link to the label design he sent me: http://www.goodwearleather.com/labels/A ... arison.jpg I'm going to get it in the seal brown with the red knits and OD green thread, which this contract did have. I like the contrast between these three colors. The only bad part from this whole thing? I have to wait 4 months to get it!! :-( But I know it will be worth the wait!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
atkins said:
What might cause the name change?

I imagine that it's a closer match to the original Aero label ... whilst still keeping the Scottish people happy.

CBI

correct - not sure he can use "Aero" as there may be copyright issues with the current company

havocpaul

ACME always reminds me of the Roadrunner cartoons, everything the Coyote used to blow up/attack the Roadrunner was from 'Acme'! ((Beep. beep!))

Roughwear

The fact that the Scottish outfit own the rights to the original Aero copy right must be frustrating for John. Another way round it might be for him to use "AFPO" instead of "ACME" on the label and supply the new owner with the correct thread to alter the F to an E and the P to an R. ;) :lol:

A

Anonymous

The do get around the copyright issue,
because there is no copyright issue.

Aero does not have this copyright.

A

Anonymous

Alternative can use the name AEPO
P=R in Greek
and AERO is greek word. Comes from AERAS which means AIR
so ΑΕΡΟΠΛΑΝΟ = AIRPLANE
(Π = P and Λ = L)

ΠΛΑΝΟ comes from the verb ΠΛΑΝΩΜΑΙ which means FLYING, hence PLANE
so something that is flying in the air is called airplane.

Persimmon

Thats a very confident statement - What do you know.
Does Aero in Scotland have anything at all or have we we all just assumed they have ?

CBI

John is either unable or does not want to "o there" with "Aero" on the lable due to Aero Leather Scotland. Look at the website, the Aero jacket contracts listed are called Good Wear. In the descriptive text it says they are copies of Aero contracts. John also told me once that we has unable to have "Aero" on a lable but I really don't remember if he was playing it safe or if there was an actual aggreement. I am certain that if John COULD use Aero, he would.

I don't think Aero has the copyright with the old company but has something now as a "new" company that makes leather jackets including WWII repro A-2's. Hence the conflict in re names.