• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Done Did It...

A

Anonymous

I can tell you that the AERO LEATHER CLO CO name is NOT registered by Aero Scotland.
The question that arises here is whether you need to have it registered in order to own it.
In case it is not registered the burden of proof of who is the owner lies with him who claims to be the owner.

The thing is that nobody will come after you no matter what use you make of the name because litigation costs to pursue such case overseas is far greater than the damage done by someone who is using the name without being his.

That's the reason why Aero did not even bother to register the name. Needless to say there is a cost in registration.

The situation is different of course with multinational companies such as coca-cola, with millions of sales, who can afford to pay the legal cost to punish misbehavior.

Aero does not have millions of sales.

Peter Graham

PLATON said:
I can tell you that the AERO LEATHER CLO CO name is NOT registered by Aero Scotland.
The question that arises here is whether you need to have it registered in order to own it.
In case it is not registered the burden of proof of who is the owner lies with him who claims to be the owner.

The thing is that nobody will come after you no matter what use you make of the name because litigation costs to pursue such case overseas is far greater than the damage done by someone who is using the name without being his.

That's the reason why Aero did not even bother to register the name. Needless to say there is a cost in registration.

The situation is different of course with multinational companies such as coca-cola, with millions of sales, who can afford to pay the legal cost to punish misbehavior.

Aero does not have millions of sales.
So anyone can make a jacket and call it Aero leather clothing ?

sgbailey2002

Aero of Scotland still holds an International copyright on the Aero name. Nobody can use the Aero name without permission.

SGB

Roughwear

sgbailey2002 said:
Aero of Scotland still holds an International copyright on the Aero name. Nobody can use the Aero name without permission.

SGB

This is exactly what I thought.

Hamsterbear

sgbailey2002 said:

SGB

That's true....
I have an Eastman Aero WITH and "Aero Leather" label, which is a bit rare as subsequent jackets were not made with that name.
-Brian

Corey

One of the distinctive features of the 18775-P is the dark seal leather with red undertones that develop after the jacket acquires wear. I had an example of this contract and it had beautiful leather with this character (other elements were lacking tho). Hopefully JC can replicate this aspect.

A

Anonymous

SGB

This is a serious statement. However got to see it in black & white to believe it.
I got info from very reliable source that it is not true.
I will release this info privately to whoever wants to share with me evidence that the above statement is true.

May I remind you also that Aero of Scotland is not the same Aero that was making the jackets in WWII.
May I also remind you that Real McCoy Japan makes and sells Aero jackets.

sgbailey2002

PLATON said:

SGB

This is a serious statement. However got to see it in black & white to believe it.
I got info from very reliable source that it is not true.
I will release this info privately to whoever wants to share with me evidence that the above statement is true.

May I remind you also that Aero of Scotland is not the same Aero that was making the jackets in WWII.
May I also remind you that Real McCoy Japan makes and sells Aero jackets.

This is an old thread that was discussed previously, and was resolved. Aero's lawyers verify that they do own the International copyright for the name Aero, just ask Aero about it. Just ask John Chapman about the use of the Aero name, he'll enlighten you.

Yes we all know that Aero of Scotland is not the same Aero that made jackets in WWII, again old news.

Real McCoy was given special permission to use the name Aero on their label for a run of jackets.

Go ahead and send me the "evidence" you have.

SGB

Grant

I agree with Skip that this is all old news - big yawn. Besides, who really gives a shit as we all know who makes the most accurate Aero reproduction out there. :)

A

Anonymous

For your information Aero name was owned by Eastman, not Aero, but not anymore.

sgbailey2002

PLATON said:
For your information Aero name was owned by Eastman, not Aero, but not anymore.

Oh boy, are you misinformed.
I think this thread is done. No need to bother with this anymore.

SGB

A

Anonymous

How about the evidence I sent you by PM?
Misinformed?

But let's close this, nevermind, the truth is out there (x-files music playing).