• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HLB B-3 Flight Jacket

mulceber

You really should go back and read those posts. They’re all running together for you. I never suggested a fee.

You’re also misunderstanding the source of the frustration: we don’t care that people are making money off these jackets, we don’t really care if our advice helped them do it, and for all that some people idly bandied about ideas about a fee, we aren’t interested in getting a cut of the action. I said it quite plainly (and gently, I think) on page 2:
it still gets pretty tiring having people with no interest in being part of the community show up, treat the board like a simple repository of information, and then leave, never to come back, with barely a thank you. That's why folks were starting to get surly when you asked about the price.

(louder, for the folks at the back) We don’t care about the money or getting our “cut” — none of us would see that money anyway, and it would be a drop in the bucket compared to what most of us spend on our own collections. The folks here were annoyed that yet again, someone took up our time when they had no interest in being part of the community.

Brylcreemer

I think it just comes down to common courtesy. If you'd simply said the two words, 'please' and 'thanks', when asking for something (and you did explicitly ask for something, regardless of whether you think you got it or not), then all of this would be avoided. I mean, that's pretty standard and universal, right?..regardless of how 'niche' the area is.

As someone above said, I think there's probability that this person is merely a troll - either they're very young, or they perhaps have some psychological issues, so there's no point getting worked up about their juvenile messages.

Perhaps people shouldn't be permitted to create threads without posting to the introduction thread first, so we can avoid idiots like this?

Micawber

I think it just comes down to common courtesy. If you'd simply said the two words, 'please' and 'thanks', when asking for something (and you did explicitly ask for something, regardless of whether you think you got it or not), then all of this would be avoided. I mean, that's pretty standard and universal, right?..regardless of how 'niche' the area is.

As someone above said, I think there's probability that this person is merely a troll - either they're very young, or they perhaps have some psychological issues, so there's no point getting worked up about their juvenile messages.

Perhaps people shouldn't be permitted to create threads without posting to the introduction thread first, so we can avoid idiots like this?

In a nutshell.

Courtesy costs nothing. One of the first things I was taught a a nipper.

I daresay our high flying commission only salesperson will find the time in his busy schedule to return in order to amaze all with his use of the written word to thrust & parry while continuing to dig himself a hole.
T3274_543336_00 (1).jpeg

ausreenactor

Frankly speaking, none of you contributed anything of consequence. Only one person offered questionable information. For that, I thank him. Just because I ask you what you think it’s worth, doesn’t mean I don’t have an idea of what it’s worth, but am just looking for confirmation. This isn’t my first rodeo. I am guessing I have bought and sold far more that you guys will ever dream off. Quit patting yourself on the back thinking you are such an authority. There are plenty means of arriving at what a product is worth. People don’t have to come to your forum. Your whining is not very appealing. Good luck trying to charge someone for your pro stays expertise. However, there is a sucker born every second….
EADC!

ausreenactor

I’ll ask again. What has this forum contributed that led to me selling the jacket? One gentleman said he wasn’t positive but maybe 1941. Much appreciated. I haven’t looked back, but I bet the guys with the loudest mouths contributed the least. Typical. What does your mom charge you for rent?
I don't have a Mom...

My father and I share yours!