• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwind Mfg Co Updates And News

Skyhawk

Hello all and hope you all are healthy and safe during these difficult times. The pandemic has been tough for Headwind Mfg. We had to shut down operations several times and we were closed for the majority of the last year. We were able to produce a small amount of customer orders over that time, but we were not accepting new orders until recently.

We are back up and running at full speed now. We have been slashing through our backlog and are nearly caught up now on orders. Moving forward, we have several projects in the works including the fore mentioned Knopf and SAT A-2 reproductions.

Also in the works and due to be completed in about 4 weeks, our new Edmund T. Church M422a reproduction. I have had 4 of these jackets through the years and currently own a size 38 that we are reproducing stitch for stitch. Featured will be Vintage Mouton and a M1942 Talon Zipper. Also some interesting details not seen on any other M422a reproduction, even the few Churches that have been made.

Original-mouton.jpg

Regards,
Jay

Skyhawk

Another thing that is no joke. We do full custom work and always have. From sizing, details, or even copies of actual originals. Our prices are very competitive, coming in at around 1/2 the cost of the higher priced reproductions. We use high quality hides including Horse Hide and genuine Capeskin sourced in So Africa, just to name a few of the options. Hardware is all correct as well.

Bombing IP

I checked the IP where the above message is coming from and its in Belgium it seems someone has hacked into Headwinds account .I tried to get more information on the hacker, it is difficult because it originated at an Embassy in Belgium . I cannot get through their fire wall its really state of the art software the sort the NSA and the CIA use way beyond my pay grade .

Jeff

foster

I checked the IP where the above message is coming from and its in Belgium it seems someone has hacked into Headwinds account .I tried to get more information on the hacker, it is difficult because it originated at an Embassy in Belgium .
This was great - I needed the laugh and it delivered.
No telling what lurks there in that Embassy... that isn’t, actually, an Embassy...

Hello all and hope you all are healthy and safe during these difficult times. The pandemic has been tough for Headwind Mfg. We had to shut down operations several times and we were closed for the majority of the last year. We were able to produce a small amount of customer orders over that time, but we were not accepting new orders until recently.

We are back up and running at full speed now. We have been slashing through our backlog and are nearly caught up now on orders. Moving forward, we have several projects in the works including the fore mentioned Knopf and SAT A-2 reproductions.

Also in the works and due to be completed in about 4 weeks, our new Edmund T. Church M422a reproduction. I have had 4 of these jackets through the years and currently own a size 38 that we are reproducing stitch for stitch. Featured will be Vintage Mouton and a M1942 Talon Zipper. Also some interesting details not seen on any other M422a reproduction, even the few Churches that have been made.

View attachment 56634

Regards,
Jay
I am very happy things are turning around in the north west! I am eagerly anticipating my new jacket to get rolling. Looking forward to hearing more updates and following the progress!
B

Skyhawk

Thanks so much! Your jacket will be ready very soon. I will send you a PM.

I am very blessed to have the greatest customers! 95% of them hung in there with me during this past year and appreciate the support so much!

Currently we are working hard to finish off our backlog of orders and should be caught up soon.

The Dark Russet Horsehide we have been using on our Goldsmith A-2 has turned out to be a great hide and I am getting a lot of positive feedback:
GS-Front-1.jpg

GS-Collar-Stand.jpg

GS-R-Pocket.jpg

We are working on a Medium Russet as well. It should be similar to our Dark Russet above in grain, thickness and texture.
Here is our Light Russet Horsehide:
GS-Test-Hide.jpg

Here is a sample of our USN Goatskin on top of the original Church M-422a I have. Check out the grain match:
USN-Goat.jpg

More to come....

Skyhawk

Howdy, and hope you all have been well. It was touch and go for a while for Headwind, having been dealt a huge blow during Covid. We went through a whole series of trials and tribulations but we have persevered, and now we are nearly caught up on all orders placed.

I want to take a moment and just thank all of the customers that hung in there with us through all the delays and setbacks. I am blessed to have the greatest customers in the world! 95% of you stuck with us and were still excited to get your jackets when we got them done. You are the reason we are still making jackets.

At this point we are finishing up just a few of the last outstanding orders. We are excited for some new projects that will be coming this fall, as well as the chance to finish up the afore mentioned contracts announced previously.

As always, I personally promise to honor all customer orders placed and fulfill all orders to the customers satisfaction. Every customer either gets the jacket that they ordered or a refund. I have never broken this promise.

There will be changes at Headwind moving forward. These changes will bring about a smoother and faster ordering process and a big reduction in production times. I will not get too far into the details for now but I am excited to get things rolling, and look forward to all the new things that are coming in the future.

Smithy

Howdy, and hope you all have been well. It was touch and go for a while for Headwind, having been dealt a huge blow during Covid. We went through a whole series of trials and tribulations but we have persevered, and now we are nearly caught up on all orders placed.

I want to take a moment and just thank all of the customers that hung in there with us through all the delays and setbacks. I am blessed to have the greatest customers in the world! 95% of you stuck with us and were still excited to get your jackets when we got them done. You are the reason we are still making jackets.

At this point we are finishing up just a few of the last outstanding orders. We are excited for some new projects that will be coming this fall, as well as the chance to finish up the afore mentioned contracts announced previously.

As always, I personally promise to honor all customer orders placed and fulfill all orders to the customers satisfaction. Every customer either gets the jacket that they ordered or a refund. I have never broken this promise.

There will be changes at Headwind moving forward. These changes will bring about a smoother and faster ordering process and a big reduction in production times. I will not get too far into the details for now but I am excited to get things rolling, and look forward to all the new things that are coming in the future.

Jay,

Has Stew (London Cabbie) received the jacket he ordered and PAID for in full from you back in October 2019?

He was asking about this even last September so nearly 2 years after you took his money.

Thievery is also taking someone's money and not delivering what they asked for within a reasonable timeframe.

mulceber

Was just about to post, but Tim beat me to the punch. Have the people, including @London Cabbie , who ordered in 2020, gotten their jackets? I’d think they would be priority one when it comes to getting caught up…