• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwind Mfg Co Updates And News

Southoftheborder

The 37J1 I bought in 2015 was fairly well made, with a few not fully tight seams, and the buttons all got loose and started to fall off within a few weeks. I had to sew them all on again using a good thread. The button holes were very badly finished too. The hide was smooth and not very characterful. I thought it was a good jacket for what I paid for it then. But that was a lot less than they're asking now. So I would hope they have improved a lot. I only had it for about a year and moved it on.

Skyhawk

That jacket must have been during our transition over to using our new button hole machine. We have made a ton of improvements since then. Our button holes are solid now and all the buttons are checked and reinforced if needed. Also we have different hides. Now that we have obtained the specs for 37J1, there have been a few more changes as well, bringing the quality and authenticity up to a whole new level.

bseal

That jacket must have been during our transition over to using our new button hole machine. We have made a ton of improvements since then. Our button holes are solid now and all the buttons are checked and reinforced if needed. Also we have different hides. Now that we have obtained the specs for 37J1, there have been a few more changes as well, bringing the quality and authenticity up to a whole new level.

How are your Headwind partners doing? This looks apocalyptic…

Skyhawk

How are your Headwind partners doing? This looks apocalyptic…

That is a terrible thing! Luckily my crew is safe and the area where they are did not get damaged. So far, shipping has not been a problem. The last jackets arrived in a record breaking 2 days via Fedex! I don't even know how that was possible. Normally it's a week in transit.

We haven't really been affected so far. Hoping that we won't be and that all those people will get help ASAP!

bseal

That is a terrible thing! Luckily my crew is safe and the area where they are did not get damaged. So far, shipping has not been a problem. The last jackets arrived in a record breaking 2 days via Fedex! I don't even know how that was possible. Normally it's a week in transit.

We haven't really been affected so far. Hoping that we won't be and that all those people will get help ASAP!

What province did you say they were in?

Skyhawk

What province did you say they were in?

Not in the Sindh province luckily. This is a huge natural disaster though. 1,500 dead. It is really horrible and it's going to be a tough recovery for all those displaced people that lost everything.