• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heads up for Aero buyers

CBI

Its great that Aero informs everyone of the missteps, a very upstanding operation!

Best of luck to them!

269sqnhudson

John Lever said:
Ken just mesaged me to say the ref. to Nos Talons has been removed from the site.

Oh good for them! I had a very prompt reply from Holly on the issue. I also plan to get a jacket from them, maybe an RAF in the new year.

Jason

How refreshing it is to see a company so up front about their in-house issues that affect customers. You wouldn't see this level of honesty from 90% of companies or suppliers these days.

Skip

Jason said:
How refreshing it is to see a company so up front about their in-house issues that affect customers. You wouldn't see this level of honesty from 90% of companies or suppliers these days.

You can say that again !!

arclight

Now Aero is now determining, through customer supplied pictures and build date, if an Aero manufactured utilitarian jacket is actually FQHH or steerhide.
Simply amazing!

Chandler

Rutger said:
What I kind of suspected, so my question: which are the pros and cons of steerhide vs. horse?
There was plenty of horse around in the thirties, nowadays maybe harder to get and hence more exclusive? The emperor's clothes?

I can't answer the pros & cons question, but 2 of my favorite jackets are steerhide (one A2 and one Highwayman-type) and there's no big difference in character, strength, look, or feel from horsehide jackets I have. I also have a 1978 Schott steerhide that is thick and near to bullet proof.

The whole argument that one hide is better than the other is ridiculous in my eyes. Just about every motorcycle jacket I've ever seen has been steerhide -- some pricy, others not.

ButteMT61

Chandler said:
Rutger said:
What I kind of suspected, so my question: which are the pros and cons of steerhide vs. horse?
There was plenty of horse around in the thirties, nowadays maybe harder to get and hence more exclusive? The emperor's clothes?

I can't answer the pros & cons question, but 2 of my favorite jackets are steerhide (one A2 and one Highwayman-type) and there's no big difference in character, strength, look, or feel from horsehide jackets I have. I also have a 1978 Schott steerhide that is thick and near to bullet proof.

The whole argument that one hide is better than the other is ridiculous in my eyes. Just about every motorcycle jacket I've ever seen has been steerhide -- some pricy, others not.

Absolutely. The whole thread on TFL is ridiculous. I've never seen such histrionics over jackets. OMG my jacket might not be HH! So what? None of them even knew. I applaud Aero for fixing things, but it's just embarrassing in that place. I never even looked at mine after the thread was started, and I'm not going to either. I love the jackets and could care less - steer is a great hide and I too wouldn't change them if they were.

Chandler

ButteMT61 said:
Absolutely. The whole thread on TFL is ridiculous. I've never seen such histrionics over jackets. OMG my jacket might not be HH! So what? None of them even knew.

I can completely understand if they paid a big premium (and I mean big) for horse over steer, but if they had no clue and honestly liked the jacket they had, they really can't be moaning so much. If anything, Aero should offer them the difference in cost between hide choice -- but does Aero even offer Steer?

ButteMT61

Chandler said:
ButteMT61 said:
Absolutely. The whole thread on TFL is ridiculous. I've never seen such histrionics over jackets. OMG my jacket might not be HH! So what? None of them even knew.

I can completely understand if they paid a big premium (and I mean big) for horse over steer, but if they had no clue and honestly liked the jacket they had, they really can't be moaning so much. If anything, Aero should offer them the difference in cost between hide choice -- but does Aero even offer Steer?

I don't recall there being a diff in price myself. Maybe there was, but never noticed.
It's hysterical over there - not funny hysterical - PMS woman hysterical :lol: