• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heads up for Aero buyers

Dr H

If you have bought Aero horsehide recently you might want to read a recent thread from the management on the black pages.

ButteMT61

Dr H said:
If you have bought Aero horsehide recently you might want to read a recent thread from the management on the black pages.

Wow. It never ends for them. Thanks for posting. I better go to my closet now and check!
Thanks for posting Ian.

Dr H

You couldn't make it up. They'll put TV soaps out of business at this rate...

ButteMT61

All we need now is an Insurrection ad to be carefully placed here by happy "customers" to complete the cycle.
Oye.

Roughwear

The problem is telling the difference between a steerhide jacket and a horsehide one. Most Aero owners will not be able to tell so Aero will be inundated with returned jackets for testing. :(

John Lever

Having had a couple of very long phone calls with Ken recently all I can say is what went on beggars belief, it really is that bad.
A positive heads up is that Ken has some very nice very special RAF skins at the tannery ready for new pattern late Irvin jackets, with baggy arms !![ I hope...]

Rutger

Roughwear said:
The problem is telling the difference between a steerhide jacket and a horsehide one... :(

What I kind of suspected, so my question: which are the pros and cons of steerhide vs. horse?
There was plenty of horse around in the thirties, nowadays maybe harder to get and hence more exclusive? The emperor's clothes?

watchmanjimg

It's most unfortunate that what appears to be in essence a solid company has been plagued by these various issues.

Skip

Thanks for the heads up Ian, if it wasn't for the people and level of interest in this forum, people with less experience in these things would be none the wiser. Goes to show you've gotta have your wits about you...

John Lever

TOMG1401 said:
fessing up, they were nailed. Love the "spin" termonology "Miss selling" it's called fraud
They were not nailed. The fact was discovered from within the company and not from a external source. Ken found out about what had happened and is taking emmediate action. It is only one of many issues the Calders are dealing with.

269sqnhudson

John Lever said:
TOMG1401 said:
fessing up, they were nailed. Love the "spin" termonology "Miss selling" it's called fraud
They were not nailed. The fact was discovered from within the company and not from a external source. Ken found out about what had happened and is taking emmediate action. It is only one of many issues the Calders are dealing with.

Including selling repro Talons as NOS (one of these days someone will notice me or I'll just carry on tagging the fact onto every thread on Aero :lol: )

T

colekwok

269sqnhudson said:
John Lever said:
TOMG1401 said:

Including selling repro Talons as NOS (one of these days someone will notice me or I'll just carry on tagging the fact onto every thread on Aero :lol: )

T

Well, true, that reminds me of that. My last A-2 order from them is supposed to have an NOS Talon, but what I am having now on the jacket is significantly different from my other NOS Talons...... well well well....

269sqnhudson

I emailed all my correspondence from last year back to them just now with pics of the repros sold as NOS and comparison pics of NOS zips. Here's the text:

Hi Amanda,

I thought given recent announcements on various forums you may want to put the below issue in the queue for investigation. Some repro Talon zips are still being mis-sold as NOS WWII zips on your site, especially on the Sale page.

I've attached the correspondence from last year below. Ken should be able to easily identify an original from a repro I'm sure. Take a look at the two pics I've attached, the shape of the slider bodies is totally different.

Tom

Hope it helps!

John Lever

Just spoken to Lydia Calder about the zips issue. Ken is looking into it but she did say that did have a huge number of NOS Talons a few years ago but could all have been used up.

ButteMT61

John Lever said:
TOMG1401 said:

Indeed. Rough year for Aero, and they have been attempting to fix everything in the open.
I don't envy them and the work they have ahead, but at least they present themselves in forums and try to sort things out. Companies have crooks all the time, but when it's a small company, it tends to make a bigger impact.
I do wish them well, and I would not hesitate to order from them again.

John Lever

When the dust settles I pan to buy a jacket from them. They have 700 orders to complete first though !
Ken had a massive heart attack during his retirement so I think the phrase ' cut them some slack ' applies here. This recent release by Aero is only one issue of many they are dealing with.