• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy new member of the GW clan.

veli1

Guys,

let's be serious here...We all are grown men and we all know why we are here!!! We want jackets,of course....but J.C. is alone and we are building up the pressure!!! We don't want to see this man crackdown,don't we??????

greyhound52

Just got my HH 16160 Aero from GW. Absolutely fantastic jacket. John is going to use this one for pictures on his website. So what does that tell you. Ordered in April received in August. Just a little over 4 months wait.

kkochheiser

greyhound52 said:
Ordered in April received in August. Just a little over 4 months wait.

You must have jumped the line! :D Can't wait to see the pictures. What finish did you choose? I really like the seal spray / aniline combo John has been doing recently.

Kent

Thanks to all, I will post pics. soon, meanwhile the one that one of you posted taken by JC is actually my jacket. About waiting time: I made my first half of the payment on the 30 of January 2008, jacket arrived on the 20 of August, almost seven months!!. You have to take into account that half of the delay was due to waiting for the horse hide to arrive, so a bunch of jackets were on standby for such a long time. The wait was very long, but I know that John was having a lot of work, so I tried not to bother him much. Meanwhile a Rough Wear 1401 with talon zipper by ELC showed up on Ebay and I had the opportunity of getting the monkey of my back for a while. Yes, I know, pics. promptly.

The message I want to pass is: It is worth the wait, every single minute of it and every $ spent. We the "chossen" know ;) .

Jose R.

jacketimp

veli1 said:
Guys,

let's be serious here...We all are grown men and we all know why we are here!!! We want jackets,of course....but J.C. is alone and we are building up the pressure!!! We don't want to see this man crackdown,don't we??????

whose side are you on..........you want jackets or not?? :lol:

jacketimp

[
The message I want to pass is: It is worth the wait, every single minute of it and every $ spent. We the "chossen" know ;) .

Jose R.[/quote]

glad to make your acquaintance..........chosen one!

greyhound52

kkochheiser said:
greyhound52 said:

You must have jumped the line! :D Can't wait to see the pictures. What finish did you choose? I really like the seal spray / aniline combo John has been doing recently.

Kent

Kent,
Actually luck. He got the HH in and began working like a madman getting jackets out. I got the russett spray/aniline combo just like this one only better IMO.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/1 ... _view1.jpg

kkochheiser

greyhound52 said:
kkochheiser said:
greyhound52 said:

Kent

Kent,
Actually luck. He got the HH in and began working like a madman getting jackets out. I got the russett spray/aniline combo just like this one only better IMO.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/1 ... _view1.jpg

YES! That looks great. I was only kidding about jumping the line, it's too hot here right now to wear jackets anyway, even my new ELC A-1. I have 2 of John's on order and as long as they arrive before it gets too cold I'll be fine. I've tried not to bug him too much as I know how busy he must be and how much time gets absorbed with the wedding stuff, even for us guys! Honestly I'm enjoying the process. Of course I'd enjoy getting a jacket even more...

Kent

veli1

jacketimp said:
veli1 said:
Guys,

whose side are you on..........you want jackets or not?? :lol:

Of course i want my Doni and I don't plan to cancel that order but man its really killing me to wait until december to get my hands on that jacket.....:(

crying-baby.jpg

Falcon_52

Sweet jacket, piloto! I love the Crown zip too...that's a nice touch. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Noel

Falcon_52 said:
Sweet jacket, piloto! I love the Crown zip too...that's a nice touch. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Noel

Yes the zipper excels. Note that I used the first thing I happen to have at hand for the pic.

T-Bolt

Jose,

Very nice looking jacket! It is almost identical to the one John will be making for me, soon.

Are the knits on your jacket the color John calls a "purple" tint that he dyes to the accurate Dubow color??
Let me know as that is the color I am seriously considering. :cool:

Ted

T-Bolt said:
Are the knits on your jacket the color John calls a "purple" tint that he dyes to the accurate Dubow color??
Let me know as that is the color I am seriously considering. :cool:

Ted

The knits on my jacket are orange-brown ones, they look real good with the shade of the leather. By the way, the most accurate pic. on how the leather actually looks is the one of the pocket. The jacket looks very shiny because it's brand new and with the high temperatures now in Spain I have no opportunity to wear it. I will be wearing it for a couple of days in the Southern American winter shortly, but I'm not in a hurry for distressing it, I'll rather break it in gradually.

Enjoy!!: P.Mut.