• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW m-444 why the silence?

chamboid

I'm confused why there has been no talk what so ever over the much anticipated reproductioofmthis jacket?

It's been on the sales page and sold, and not a peep out of anyone, not even John Lever?

CBI

It looks great! I think the fur will ultimately be less bright white with future models.

John sheepskins are looking so terrific!!!!!!!!

Forum's been pretty sleepy with many fewer posts overall. These sites go through cycles it seems.

DG567

I purchased it, and love it. Just wish it wasn't the dead of summer so I could give it some use. Haven't been posting much these days just browsing.

John Lever

chamboid said:
I'm confused why there has been no talk what so ever over the much anticipated reproductioofmthis jacket?

It's been on the sales page and sold, and not a peep out of anyone, not even John Lever?

I have one order for my b'day in September. I chose the ultra vintage goatskin and the Turkish sheepskin. Both materials are very soft and show great character quickly. The colour combination works very well as both are brown rather than cold seal.
JC had sourced some vintage buckles but now also has some reproductions.
If you look at his site they are listed there as available to order.

TankBuster

I also think these heavier sheepskin jackets get less attention due to the limited areas they can be worn.

John Lever

TankBuster said:
I also think these heavier sheepskin jackets get less attention due to the limited areas they can be worn.
The m444 is classified as a lightweight jacket and only has 1/4 inch wool so should see more use than a B-3.

TankBuster

John Lever said:
TankBuster said:
The m444 is classified as a lightweight jacket and only has 1/4 inch wool so should see more use than a B-3.

I agree John. I think it's a cool jacket. It is just something I've noticed over the years. The sheepskin jackets never get as much attention here and I've also read many comments by members stating that they just are not practical for where they live.

chamboid

there was just so much anticipation, and the Eastman one got a good looking over. I think it's actually the only eastman jacket i have ever looked at and though, yes, thats right, thetas spot on.

siddhartha

Administrator
For me, I love the sheepskin jackets, but I've sold all of mine. They're just not practical for me, living in the DC area. I had a beautiful RMC B-3 which I sold, because even in Boston, where I was living then, I couldn't wear it more than a couple of days in the winter. Also, I'd feel bad stuffing a sheepskin into my small locker at work.

However, every time I see one, I do wonder...

sg1011

Thanks for both links John! The production jacket looks stunning and I'm sold on it! The colors are perfect.