• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found an old envelope of ELC info from 1997, check out the price!

JonnyCrow

Speaking of tattoos, what has changed over the years that makes them so less painful? My buddy and got a couple when we were 16 (1976) and we we’re almost in tears from the pain. Felt like a hot razor blade on my arm for 30 minutes. Had one of my sons birthday Done in 2007 and it was nothing. Could have done it for hours.
I agree, girl, artist tattoos me, she's really good and quick, when she did the Norse work it was a 5 hour session and with colour,
Screenshot_20220711-090341.png

JonnyCrow

You are 100% right, used to be all bikers servicemen and alot of topless dancers, 90% men and 10% woman, now its about 80% woman to 20% men getting them, form soccer moms to school teachers to grandmas...the time they have changed...
Where I grew up east coast of England it was a fishing port and also navy ships stopped over, common to see tattoos, plus the women you saw with them or a ankle bracelet were experts in the mattress polka shall we say haha definitely times have changed, old school sailor Jerry stuff is popular here in Madrid, more girls than guys

Monsoon

First person in my family that I knew had a tattoo? My grandmother.

Yep, she had two small hearts on her left hand ring finger. She was a bad ass.

How bad? Well, do you know what a "Ribbon" is? Besides the normal definition, it's when you take a white hot poker and twirl it around fast so it traces a ribbon. She was a little girl when her older brother did this and she walked into the poker.

Since it was white hot, she wasn't burned. It just melted it's way thru the side of her neck. Her dad just packed the wound with grease. This was early 1900s in rural Vermont.

A2 B3au

She can’t be denied the title of baddass after that.. cool story ) …. I was today years old when I found out tattooing was even illegal in New York

D97x7

Modern tattoos intrigue me as they seem to be a lot finer in line than the old designs, see below, but what are these going to look like in say 25 years, won't that just be a black blurred blob by then?
FB_IMG_1677486625601.jpg

A2 B3au

time will tell
But yeah some of the inks being used are so vibrant, some of the portrait work being done is so realistic… if your interested there’s is a lot of artists on instagram that will amaze u……. How bout this for all us baldys…… I’m all in
2E6952F2-694C-40B5-9602-0211370CDB64.png

JonnyCrow

time will tell
But yeah some of the inks being used are so vibrant, some of the portrait work being done is so realistic… if your interested there’s is a lot of artists on instagram that will amaze u……. How bout this for all us baldys…… I’m all inView attachment 98635
The girl who did my Norse work here in Madrid uses the new vibrant inks, she isn't cheap but she is good
Screenshot_20220711-090341.png

Pa12

Modern tattoos intrigue me as they seem to be a lot finer in line than the old designs, see below, but what are these going to look like in say 25 years, won't that just be a black blurred blob by then? View attachment 98633
Not sure if modern tattoos hold up better. Probably. Mine are from 76 and are pretty much just blackish green blobs. But they’ve had an enormous amount of sun exposure over the years. In these days of “sun screen” they’ll likely last much better. I get tired of explaining to the young folk what mine are(were):confused:

JonnyCrow

Not sure if modern tattoos hold up better. Probably. Mine are from 76 and are pretty much just blackish green blobs. But they’ve had an enormous amount of sun exposure over the years. In these days of “sun screen” they’ll likely last much better. I get tired of explaining to the young folk what mine are(were):confused:
Sun literally kills ink stone dead, it's only now people are realising that, I use plain ordinary screen with coconut oil in, makes the ink still vibrant too, I get about explains about your tattoos, my old boy is covered in them , very dark faded now