• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Few B2

John Lever

Came across this old pic of me in the woods wearing my Few B2
received_875361647332191.jpeg

John Lever

Sold that
The leather was so thick it hurt to bend my arms also the cuffs chafed the backs of my hands.
A Capeskin B2 would be interesting

Enigma1938

Well maybe someone should not expect any wonders from the B-2 type jacket. I was very well informed about that jacket and it's specs and materials and suitability before I pulled the trigger on John's former Buzz B-2. I have planned to wear it for a temperature range from 5 - 18 C° and I turns out it's perfect suitable for that.
For temperatures below I have Irvin B-3 or N-1.

petermack09

My buzz rickson couldn't cope with Scottish winters, the Italian horsehide was thin, bland, plastic coated and the colour rubbed off leaving a grey skin underneath. Coupled with the horrible neck closure and hookless zip, I was glad to get shot of,, ps it's back up for sale I see, so the buyer isn't a fan I presume. If it had the straps on the collar and same horsehide my air comfort is made of it would have been so much better.
Screenshot_20231206_233701_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Last edited:

saucerfiend

B2's are a funny jacket I can why they didn't last long. The huge collar suggests great insulation but in practice they don't keep you warm at all.
The "Few" B-2 I owned was warm as hell in 20 degree weather with only a flannel shirt under it. The same goes for my current LW's older B-2 with thinner HH than they usually use and the same thinner wool interior. On the other hand, the "Buzz" B-2 I owned wouldn't do the job. The cheap thin "HH" with plastic finish was the culprit IMO. Still not convinced it was real HH. Total piece of garbage that I don't miss at all. By contrast "Few" New Zealand and LW's used quality materials that make their jackets perform as designed.

Enigma1938

In defence of the Buzz B-2 just look at Couchy's one (wherever you are :confused:). The hide looks amazing there: