• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EMS thieves

A

Anonymous

the jackets that got lost were not paid for
the loss was all BK's

regius

courier company steals A2 jacket.... the employee at some joint must have an exquisite taste and quite knowledgeable of the market, hard to believe ground employees would know what the A2 jacket is about...., but, I do see the pilots who fly the cargo planes would be A2 fans....

asiamiles

PLATON said:
no insurance
insurance pays max Eur 400
also if you insure, they 're gonna steal it for sure
because they think you 're gonna get the money back, so nobody loses.
for them insurance is an extra incentive to steal

EMS is basically what the initials says it is, an Express Mail Service run by various postal services in different parts of the world. It's akin to a courier service, but cheaper. It includes basic insurance but you can pay for extra insurance. The thread title makes no sense as there is no EMS company; you could say EMS theft, I suppose. EMS is handled by the post services of the countries it's being sent from and to, so the theft, if that's what has happened, is essentially down to one of these, though it could have happened en route, in customs etc. EMS provides online tracking so it should be easy, or at least possible to see where it went missing; if the number comes up blank then it would seem likely the jacket never got out of the country, town or even PO where it was posted. I've never had an EMS package go missing and in cases where one has been damaged (something I no longer have to worry about) I've usually claimed back successfully. To say that "insurance is an extra incentive to steal"...

A

Anonymous

ems.jpg

here's the tracking info

First line (bottom) shows acceptance of parcel by post office.
Second shows arrival at airport

Nothing after that.

EMS says it was loaded on airplane and airline should have delivered to Parcelforce in UK.
Parcelforce never received anything.

Most likely the po employees stole it. I don't believe it ever boarded the plane.

ausreenactor

Where were the items going? If they were off to the UK the Royal Mail their site just displayed the 'Express 24' service and 'handed over'. Do you have a healthy relationship with the addressee? I have had to endure an insurance claim for an item that I shipped Registered and Insured means here in Australia. The response from Australia Post was that the addressee collected it as the postie returned to the post office. They did not put the item through the system and just handed it over. Then the smug bugger hit me up for the claim? Australia Post knew he got it, I knew he got it and they still paid?

Regardless of what the Greek postal service puts on, the forwarding postal service will provide updates. I ship EMS from Japan all the time. Japan put in more updates than Australia Post do. Where was it going? France and Italy assign new tracking numbers? Making the process even more difficult. I 'lost' a Perry and $100 to ship EMS. Over 2kgs it is standard on Registered Airmail out of Australia. Like most, I have never had an issue. It is highly unlikely the postie would have lifted a tracked item. They like housing and a pay check.

Best of luck..

ausreenactor

Parcelforce shows this:

Parcel NoEE203937573GR
Status Handed Over
Signed for by
Simply enter the parcel number in the box opposite and select 'Track'.

Date Time Location Tracking Event

13-02-2013 00:32 Delivery Agent - ATHENS Forwarded for export
12-02-2013 23:11 Delivery Agent - ATHENS Received in destination country
12-02-2013 19:15 Delivery Agent - GREECE Collected from customer

Help - New window Contact us New enquiry

Did you put a value on it that might attract duties? I had a B-15C come back to me after three months because the buyer would not pay the duties. Never heard from him after I emailed him the scanned Registered Post International receipts.

Couchy

John Lever

PLATON said:
ems.jpg

here's the tracking info

First line (bottom) shows acceptance of parcel by post office.
Second shows arrival at airport

Nothing after that.

EMS says it was loaded on airplane and airline should have delivered to Parcelforce in UK.
Parcelforce never received anything.

Most likely the po employees stole it. I don't believe it ever boarded the plane.
I am in the same situation with my RMNZ B-2 hat, sent by Royal Mail Air sure,insured and tracked. It is shown as still at the Heathrow Hub, even after two weeks. After complaint escalation I have been told it was probably put in the wrong bag and was therefore untrackable until it reaches the buyer. The estimated delivery time of 5 days is just that, a best case estimate, delivery can take 25 days..
An official investigation takes place after 25 days, only then can I claim for loss and the whole process can take 90 days.
In the meantime I have refunded the postage and will probably give the buyer a full refund in a week or so.
Having spoken to several RM employees, most were helpful, but I still feel helpless.

A

Anonymous

This is the first package lost after 4 years of operations. Statistically, not bad.
The value indicated was Eur 75

I got an email from Parcelforce who say they never received it.

John Lever

91stbombgroup said:
Has anyone had these situations occur with UPS or FEDEX ?
If I post a package to the US using Royal Mail, it is handled and delivered by UPS when it reaches the USA so theoretically UPS could have my hat somewhere...

A

Anonymous

UPS not the same with USPS

One time I send a diamond ring with Royal Mail and it actually arrived safely.

m444uk

91stbombgroup said:
Has anyone had these situations occur with UPS or FEDEX ?

2000+ watch shipments with UPS with no problems.
For high value items it's clearly better to use an organization that keeps it all in house and who have their own aircraft etc.
I don't bother with enhanced insurance.

For parcels under 2 kg Royal Mail are competitive with the special delivery service in the UK.

For bulky low value items I use one of the numerous couriers advertising on Ebay which are cheaper.
Just sold an assembled mountain bike. The box was so long Parcel Force weren't interested. I used Paisley Freight
who specialize in such stuff on ebay for £23.50.

A

Anonymous

Glad to report that finally the two jackets arrived to their destination.